Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to post a glassed framed photo?

Options
  • 25-06-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What's the best method to post a framed photo with a sheet of glass in the frame. (and don't reply 'safely').

Is it a simple case of bubble wrap and box like cardboard envelope?

Anywhere that sell the packaging that you'd recommend (not looking to buy bulk).
    Cheers in advance,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

how big?

one trick is to tape a 8 point cross on the front of the glass and over the edge of the frame, this stops the glass moving around, but also if it breaks tends to hold it together

there are special boxes you can buy, but not sure you can buy them without being in the trade, ie trade only suppliers

like you say bubble wrap and instead of cardboard, correx is a better stuffer product

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

If it was a smallish thin framed picture, these might do the trick. They expand to about 25mm. Put some bubble over the glass to cushion it against knocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

acutally if its a thin frame dont ship it at all, the thinner the frame the more likely to twist and then glass break

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You could use a bit of timber board like plywood or flooring slightly bigger than the photoframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bismatt

I work for a removals firm and we find wrapping a few layers of bubble wrap around fragile pictures prevents any damage. Fold a thick bit neatly and place it over the glass, then wrap 2 - 3 layers around the whole thing. There'll be no movement in the glass or twisting if it's wrapped tight.

A good website to get packaging material is www.movingboxireland.com

I hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

I sent a picture to Tenerife last Xmas,which arrived intact.I cut out cardboard to fit snugly in front and behind the picture,and wrapped it in bubble wrap,the put it in a padded envelope.(keep an eye out for bubble wrap in the veg aisle of your local shop!

Advertisement