Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have one degree need another

Options
  • 25-06-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a degree and have been unemployed for over a year, have worked for free but I am not really getting anywhere!
    Would like to complete a second degree in order to try change my career and gain employment, I am wondering if anyone can give advice trying to fund this?
    I am working for free in a company at the moment in the hope of being kept on, if so this will help but is there any other sources of finance available to me?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi,
    I have a degree and have been unemployed for over a year, have worked for free but I am not really getting anywhere!
    Would like to complete a second degree in order to try change my career and gain employment, I am wondering if anyone can give advice trying to fund this?
    I am working for free in a company at the moment in the hope of being kept on, if so this will help but is there any other sources of finance available to me?

Thank you in advance!

If you have a degree already you cannot get funded through a grant or BTEA

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,437 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi,

Thank you in advance!
    A postgrad course would be better, and if your on the dole the spring board scheme or a similar one may pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eliza Lynch

Well I want to train as a counselor so I wonder is there any way around this?
    There is a proper B.A. programme but I think there is also a non degree option...such a pain! I just want to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eliza Lynch

Thank you all for you help by the by!

Advertisement