Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for Linux Admins

Options
  • 25-06-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Is there any particular certifications (excluding RHCE/T) that you consider to be worthwhile.
    I've been dabbling with Linux for a few years, with a little bit in work, a little bit at home.
    Am looking for something to solidify that experience and also put it on a CV.

Is there any one that would catch your eye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

I'm not sure that the CompTIA Linux+ would hold much weight on this side of the Atlantic but it does to a certain degree in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Linux certs are so rare that anything at all is worth having on the CV. The LPICs look interesting, although I haven't taken any of them yet myself. LPI now have a partnership with CompTIA, so if you take the Linux+, you also get the LPIC-1 cert (same exams).

Advertisement