Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensor cleaning Dublin?

Options
  • 25-06-2013 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I recently bought a used Panasonic GH2 and have now noticed that there are two small specs of dust on the sensor, not a huge problem with photos, but I used it for video work a lot too.

Does anywhere in Dublin offering sensor cleaning services? Also how much roughly does it cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You could try somewhere like Conns Camera. I am not sure on price but I think I heard it was around €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sorry. Its late. I've had wine. Couldn't help meself...

:D

http://bit.ly/1466orj

• Registered Users Posts: 11 call_mea_matt

Buy swabs on amazon and do it yourself. Much cheaper (around 20 quid) and loads of satisfaction. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Have you tried the built in ultrasonic cleaning option? A quick Google reveals that your camera has the option buried somewhere in its menu system.

Failing that, use a blower. Just make sure to give it a few squeezes before you direct it at the sensor, to make sure you're not blowing more dust in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I always found home swabs to be terrible

Advertisement