Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JamES So'oialo grab on Adriaan Strauss

Options
  • 24-06-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Future Connacht player James So'oialo was caught squeezing the nether regions of Adriaan Strauss in the attempt to clear him out of a ruck. A couple of things striked me about the incident.

1. I love how Strauss unintentionally makes a tackle when he tries to chase So'oiala.
    2. Notice how So'oialo runs away and plays innocent when the ref is talking with JDV.
    3. SA decides to threat So'oialo to a lovely garryowen in the next play.

In all seriousness, a disgusting act in any form of life. Hope he gets a hefty ban. Noot a great impression for his future teammates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

He got off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

He got off, which is a disgrace. On a side note, how Good is Adrian Strauss

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

I wonder if this was in a higher profile game what would have happened.

• Administrators Posts: 53,447 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He's lucky Strauss didn't catch him by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Had to laugh at the TMO explaining the offense to the ref and the ref not understanding initially to be honest

"15 blue grabbed the player in an indecent manner"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Seriously though, if you are a Connacht player right now, how would you react to this? It was a spineless act.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Seriously though, if you are a Connacht player right now, how would you react to this? It was a spineless act.

Citing officer deemed it unintentional and Adrian Strauss said the same when he gave evidence.

I've given up on the citing process after events this year so Im not going to bother forming an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Very little, can't see them particularly caring, do you care what your workmates did in a previous job? Not really once he is pulling his weight in present role. Might be a bit of slagging once they get to know him but can't see many actually caring that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Wasn't there an incident of Leo Cullen possibly doing something similar in the last year or so?

Shocking that he got off - So'oialo, not Strauss :p . Even if its unintentional, should it not be treated in the same way as contact with the "eye area"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Shocking that he got off - So'oialo, not Strauss :p . Even if its unintentional, should it not be treated in the same way as contact with the "eye area"?

I don't think it's in the same area as eye gouging. And I certainly don't think an unintentional ball grap should be punished. it happens sometimes. But in saying that, i think So'oialo intentions were pretty clear.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,447 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Surely with those tight undershorts they wear it's pretty difficult to accidentally get a handful of someones undercarriage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well I know Troy Nathan from times in Galway and he was well up for this sort of craic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Whilst we can all imagine what happened, there's absolutely no evidence of it from the tape. Obviously from Strauss' reaction we know, but there's no law against binding against a player where he did, and no evidence that he gave it a little tickle from the video, as his hand isn't shown, so it's not surprising no sanction could be taken against him.

Rightly, SA took the law into their own hands with a big up and under on the next play, and the full-back had his eye on Strauss chasing up and completely missed the ball. If he had caught it, he may have limped off the pitch.

Maybe he'll give Richardt a little phone call before the next Leinster Connacht derby ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Hagz wrote: »
    I don't think it's in the same area as eye gouging. And I certainly don't think an unintentional ball grap should be punished. it happens sometimes. But in saying that, i think So'oialo intentions were pretty clear.
    I bloody hope not :eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

rrpc wrote: »
    I bloody hope not :eek:

:D
    Well, you could see where you wee coming from...................:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

what was going on with his fingers....had them all taped up?
    can see them in this pic:
    http://www.superxv.com/39527/6/samoan-player-cited-for-grabbing-hookers-testicles

Advertisement