Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Person Office Phone System

Options
  • 24-06-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all

Apologies if this in the wrong section, I've already posted to Entrepreneur but this might be a more specific place to ask.

I was hoping someone could give me a jumping off point for my research.

I will be setting up a three person office (1 receptionist, 2 offices) and need some advice into how to handle the phone system.

My needs are each phone point having a direct dial. The reception phone should be able to transfer calls into the offices, keep callers on hold, take voicemails. The office phones should be able to receive/make calls independently of the reception switch, but the majority of calls will come through reception.

Could anyone let me know the feasibility for a system like this (phone provider, hardware etc). Cost is a factor but more than that I'd like a dumb system that doesn't require extensive set up/maintenance.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

cpowerphys wrote: »
    Hi all

Apologies if this in the wrong section, I've already posted to Entrepreneur but this might be a more specific place to ask.

I will be setting up a three person office (1 receptionist, 2 offices) and need some advice into how to handle the phone system.

My needs are each phone point having a direct dial. The reception phone should be able to transfer calls into the offices, keep callers on hold, take voicemails. The office phones should be able to receive/make calls independently of the reception switch, but the majority of calls will come through reception.

Could anyone let me know the feasibility for a system like this (phone provider, hardware etc). Cost is a factor but more than that I'd like a dumb system that doesn't require extensive set up/maintenance.

Thank you

Did you have a look at the magnet total hosted pbx / ip phone system. we recently had a similar issue, and decided to go with them.

There is a choice of phones and pbx functions to suit many needs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

cpowerphys wrote: »
    Hi all

Thank you

Since you mentioned cost is a factor, would a VoiP system be sufficient running over a broadband connection? As complicated as it may sound, you could get a provider to give you all those features etc.

What's your budget?

How many concurrent calls are you expecting? How many isdn and pstn lines do you have at current?

Advertisement