Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Appeals - Advice Please

Options
  • 24-06-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My application has been rejected this month on the grounds that I did not supply the requested documentation within the specified time frame (14 days). However, this is in reference to a letter sent in February and I was 3 days over the limit set. Since then I have been in constant correspondence with various SUSI staff where they have been requesting further information. My argument is that since they continued to request further (extremely personal, and I'm unsure how relevant) information between March and June that they waived their right to deny my application based on a specified time frame.
    Can someone please tell me if my point is valid / if there is a legal aspect to this / or how to phrase this in my appeal?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Hi Ab27,

If you would like to private mail your details I can look into this further for you. I would need the following details to view your application:

- Application reference number
    - Home Address
    - Date of birth
    - Mothers Maiden name

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

Where to post grant appeals to?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Where to post grant appeals to?

I think the address is on the appeal form

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I sent it off... does anyone know what the chances of getting it are? I'll just re appeal again... haha :)

I sent it off... does anyone know what the chances of getting it are? I'll just re appeal again... haha :)

The chances of getting it depend on your circumstances

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Does being broke as s*** count as a reasonable circumstance? >_<

Does being broke as s*** count as a reasonable circumstance? >_<

It's not whether it is reasonable or not

It is based only on the criteria

Terry Pratchet

Thats a bit crap innit? Oh well I've appealed it anyway haha

Advertisement