Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD accommodation Blackrock/Muckross???

Options
  • 24-06-2013 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey :) I'm a second year student who applied for campus accommodation this year but because of a very poor internet connection I ended up at place 420 on the waiting list for offers. However despite this I got an offer today, but the only places that are available are muckross and blackrock. Would anyone who has stayed in these before or knows someone who has, recommend this for non-first years? What are the rooms and facilities like? And whats the distance to the main campus like? I really would appreciate a quick reply as I have until 4 o clock tomorrow to accept this offer. Thanks so much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anna_k

hey could you tell me roughly how many places are left? just i'm number 20 on the list now .... but would rather all these places be filled first so I can get somewhere on campus through cancellations :P

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

Ya i was the exact same as you... I was 22 on the waiting list this morning before i got my offer... unfortunately theres about 45-50 places left in muckross and blackrock so you'll defo get an offer tomorrow i'd say cos no one has booked a room since i logged on at 4 today, and if you don't accept that you're put at the end of the list again. I think i'll be holding out for cancellations in september too, but when i rang the accommodation office they said that you'll only get offered from a cancellation in your category, and chances of a continuing undergrad cancelling their on-campus accommodation is very slim. I really don't want to be stuck off campus tbh... One of the 1st year rooms in glenomena was accidentally offered to continuing undergrads today so watch out for something like that tomorrow... other than that i'd say your stuck off-campus unfortunately :(

ahhh no i was hoping there was about 5 places left and theyd be taken today so i could perhaps get a cancellation offer :( uuuugh such a stupid system!! that means people wayyyy down the list potentially have a better chance of getting on campus than those higher up.

they'll never fill those 45-50 places in muckros or roebuck with continuing undergrads ! the only people i can see accepting them are naive first years from the country who assume campus accommodation is actually on campus! i'm really really hoping for a place in roebuck castle please say someone cancels theirs soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

Roebuck castle catered was available for me today actually so check that when you get your offer :)

:O oooh id be so so happy if i got offerred that!! cooking just isn't my strong point at all .
    thanks so much for your help..sorry for veering off topic and best of luck getting somewhere to live! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement