Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop/Tablet combination recommendation

Options
  • 24-06-2013 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

I'm looking for a new laptop in the 500e region. What I'll mainly be using it for is Netflix, general browsing, playing old console games (using emulators), wouldn't be playing too many current games (maybe football manager) and then the basic word/excel/access stuff.

i do a decent bit of travelling so a battery life of 4 hours or greater would be ideal..but over 3 essential,,I'll be watching movies (DVDs/netflix while travelling).

This is where the tablet hybrid bit comes in. I've seen some laptops where you can hide the keyboard and just look at the screen which would be ideal when im watching movies/gaming.

An actual tablet is no good as I need to be able to run emulators/Microsoft programmes and have an actual keyboard.

A laptop is a hinderence in the fact that I don't need a keyboard on display at all times..like when Im watching movies travelling.

Any suggestions of what I could get would be appreciated as I have no idea..maybe there is a tablet out there that would fit my specs?

Advertisement