Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it worth modding the ps3

• 24-06-2013 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi i have a few old Ps3's just seating there. 2 60gb original's one with the other os still on it, and the other is from when the usb jig stick came out with a 500 gb hard drive in it.

2 other broken ones one with a broken drive a game got stuck opened it and never got around to putting it back together and the other one im not sure what is up with it as far as i know it was taken apart to be a Donner ps3 to fix a few ps'3s but noting was used all the parts are there.

All on old firmware never bothered modding them as i have modded xbox's that i use so what could a modded ps3 do that a jtag xbox not do is it worth the messing about ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Hi i have a few old Ps3's just seating there. 2 60gb original's one with the other os still on it, and the other is from when the usb jig stick came out with a 500 gb hard drive in it.

2 other broken ones one with a broken drive a game got stuck opened it and never got around to putting it back together and the other one im not sure what is up with it as far as i know it was taken apart to be a Donner ps3 to fix a few ps'3s but noting was used all the parts are there.

All on old firmware never bothered modding them as i have modded xbox's that i use so what could a modded ps3 do that a jtag xbox not do is it worth the messing about ?

In my experience it's not worth modding the PS3 but that is subjective and depends on what you intend to do with the PS3 once modded, if you want to mod it to complete your collection of current gen modded consoles then go for it, but for me the selection of homebrew apps available are limited when compared to the Xbox 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Imo no, it's not worth it. Updating to the latest official firmware & buying a PS+ account is the best thing you can do with a PS3 these days :)

Advertisement