Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Home Premium. Suddenly showing as Not Authentic.

Options
  • 24-06-2013 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

On my two(ish) year old Compaq laptop windows 7 home premium has suddenly started showing as not authentic. It has been fine all along with downloads updating etc. Any clues as to what might cause this. Might it be a virus or some other form of malicious software? Things like desktop background are not working and a warning "balloon" pops up periodically above the toolbar warning that Im running pirated windows software! Im not a complete luddite but at the same time not a tech wizard either and I dont want to make things worse by adjusting anything im not supposed to. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Try right clicking my computer. Properties. and it should tell you if windows is activated or not.

If not there should be an activate now part beside it press that and put the keycode in that is on the underside of the laptop.

Advertisement