Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War Thunder

Options
  • 23-06-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭

Its now in Open Beta F2P WW2 Fighter planes.

War Thunder is a next generation MMO combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets. You will take part in all of the major combat battles, fighting with real players all over the world.

War Thunder offers a highly detailed and personalized aviation experience, giving players access to hundreds models of planes with detailed cockpits, dozens of upgradeable weapons, and flying skills that can be honed and improved with each mission. Thanks to the game’s painstaking attention to detail, you’ll truly feel like a World War II fighter pilot as you plunge into battle.

The genuine World War II experience isn’t limited to the skies. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought by aviation alone, so the game will also expose players to combat on land and at sea.

http://warthunder.com/en/

Anyone playing:?

Add me AppleHead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Really fun game with incredible potential. Unfortunately the free to play model they're using is currently broken to the point of the game being impossible to progress in, unless you sink enormous amounts of cash into it, and even if you do it's an insane grind.

Apparently they're fixing the economic model soon so I'm keeping an eye on it. The game itself is really good, especially if you have an interest in WW2 aviation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Yeah apparently they have a new economic model for the game coming out soon. Also don't forget it's still a Beta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Yeah apparently they have a new economic model for the game coming out soon. Also don't forget it's still a Beta.

Yea, like I said it has fantastic potential. When they finish the core features & fix the economy It'll be a game well worth spending time on. It's a shame their business model is so piss poor, because the game is great.

I'd definitely recommend people check it out with an open mind in its current state. What they do have in the game so far is very polished. The game looks & plays extremely well, and is optimised to perfection.

I had the game running on a Q6600 + gtx 260 @60fps 1920x1080 on high, which is amazing when you consider how good the game looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Dynamo Roller

Anyone playing this its really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

I got into this recently. I think it must have some of the developers of the Sturmovik games on board as it feels like an mmo'd copy of that game. In saying that I am enjoying it for the most part. The out of game interface can be a bit overwhelming at the beginning as there is so much to take in but once you get used to it, its alright.

The gameplay itself is fine. Turn to hard one way or another and you will find yourself pulling too many g's either positive or negative resulting in red/blackouts. The starting aircraft are suitable to get you learned up in the basics but once you do you will be itching for something more manoeuvrable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Kinda OT but I'll never understand people that call instanced games an MMO.

To me, an MMO is hundreds of players in a persistent world, like WoW or PlanetSide for example... not 5v5, 12v12 MAPS, etc. like Counter-Strike, World of Tanks, and League of Legends

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mr_Tayto

Hi guys am playing about a month now and im playing everyday when i can:)

I also set up a squadron called The Flying Shamrocks for the craic , use the green shamrock emblem in the game to signify the squadron and -IRE- as tags ,set it up yesterday ,was bored .....^^

Username : MR_TAYTO add me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mr_Tayto

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Kinda OT but I'll never understand people that call instanced games an MMO.

To me, an MMO is hundreds of players in a persistent world, like WoW or PlanetSide for example... not 5v5, 12v12 MAPS, etc. like Counter-Strike, World of Tanks, and League of Legends

But would having 30000+ playing hundreds or thousands of battles simultaneously not count???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Mr_Tayto wrote: »
    But would having 30000+ playing hundreds or thousands of battles simultaneously not count???

You must've missed what I gave for examples... Lobbied games =/= MMO.

Else, them poker game sites with hundreds of people playing in different rooms would be considered an MMO too then ain't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CrunchyCalpol

I've been playin it a while now. i wouldnt normally give a flight game any time at all. this managed to end up bein the one game i play the most. its hard to progress in the game, but after a while of playin 1 army and gettin strong planes if u go back to the reserve planes it gets alot more fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Only found this game yesterday and loving it! Are there any Irish Squadrons looking for a rookie member?

Advertisement