Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I boost laptop audio

Options
  • 23-06-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭

whenever i stream anythin on the laptop the audio is ridiculously low. Does anyone know how to boost the volume? I know I had to download a program before on an old laptop but for the life of me can't remember what it was called

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

first start listening program, and wait till audio starts playing, then:
    right click the speaker icon on the bottom right of screen, select volume mixer, move the sliders up till
    you get what you want.

Otherwise we could do with a bit more info....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

whizbang wrote: »
    first start listening program, and wait till audio starts playing, then:
    right click the speaker icon on the bottom right of screen, select volume mixer, move the sliders up till
    you get what you want.

Otherwise we could do with a bit more info....

.. what other info can i provide? all sliders are up. its an aspire v3-571G. i haven't put speakers onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

generally speaking, laptop speakers suck. And you can't always tell before you buy them, even 2 identically priced options one might have whisper quiet speakers and the other might have BLARING audio.

I would honestly suggest getting a laptop external speaker. Some clip to your laptop lid, or if your system sports Bluetooth simply use any bluetooth speaker, which are handy ****ers to have laying around regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

GO to control panel,
    Audio, settings,
    set volume, l,r, wave levels to 100 per cent.
    i have 2 laptops, sound is good on both,
    BUT the volume on the hp is much louder, has altec lansing speakers.
    You can download videos from youtube, use vlc player to play videOs at 150 per cent audio level.
    USE firefox extension VIDEO Downloader to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭allybhoy

If you use VLC player to play your media files you can boost the volume up using that past 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kennryyr

Guys he's not retarded I think he knows how to turn the volume up!!

I know exactly what you're talking about like some shows you stream whatever way they were recorded the audio is very low even turned up all the way.

I'm pretty sure there must be some software that can boost volume levels I will have a quick Google search and see if anything comes up trumps

its not that simple,
    the audio card max output,maybe set at 70 per cent,in control panel,audio.device,settings
    so you have to go to control panel to check this.
    VOLUME UP ,doesnt help that.
    and theres also sliders for, wav, audio etc in control panel.
    set all sliders to max,
    put,l,r left right slider in the middle.
    eg both speakers at max volume.

Hmmm try this it may work:
    http://dpsplugin.com/home/

There is a free trial so you can try it out, if it's good buy it (or PB it).

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

The simple fact is that the card and laptop speaker can only do so much. And generally that is not much.

You could always buy a set of cheap enough speakers that will be way better than the laptop speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

This works for Vista, and 7;

Right click speaker icon to the bottom right of your screen.
    Click Playback Devices
    Click the speaker icon, click Properties
    Click Enhancements
    Tick the "Loudness Equalization"
    Click Apply, OK, OK, OK, etc.

You'll now notice a boost in volume.

• Advertisement

1 got Earphones , 2set pack,white, 2 euro in 2euro shop,parnell st,
    opposite peats, DUBLIN 1.
    2 foot long.

kennryyr wrote: »
    Hmmm try this it may work:
    http://dpsplugin.com/home/

There is a free trial so you can try it out, if it's good buy it (or PB it).

Hope that helps!

cheers man this is exactly what i was after, it will enhance the stream audios :)

to everyone else, turn the sliders up? really? Shocked at how many offered this as a solution.

gufc21 wrote: »
    to everyone else, turn the sliders up? really? Shocked at how many offered this as a solution.
    Shocked at how you didn't implement my solution.

the_syco wrote: »
    Shocked at how you didn't implement my solution.

i had it done ;)

gufc21 wrote: »
    cheers man this is exactly what i was after, it will enhance the stream audios :)

No worries mate glad to be of assistance - let me know if it works!!

Also, check the BIOS; I've seen some people have it set to low in the BIOS and high in Windows :pac:

Advertisement