Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dollfie Fans in Ireland?

Options
  • 23-06-2013 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

Curious in seeing if there's many people in Ireland that are interested in or own Dollfies? As far as I know there's very few people but then only one way to find out! :)

Dollfies are asian scaled ball jointed dolls including Dollfie Dreams which you see a lot of on sites such as figure.fm or other Danny Choo related websites.

If there gets to be a little bit of a fanbase for it we could get a dollfie meet going maybe or I could do a panel/event on dollfies at the cons I should say I'm mostly a Dollfie Dream fan myself but do know some stuff on other BJD's. Still I thought it would be nice to bring people together.

I've set up a facebook page for now so please like if you wanna get involved or show support for this =)

www.facebook.com/IrishDollfieFans

Thanks! :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I love them but I'm not in a financial position at the moment (or any time soon) where I can justify spending that much money on one thing ;___; But one day I hope to own one (or more...!).

I'm absolutely head over heels in love with the Melty Dollfie that was released a few months ago. She's so beautiful...

OhnoRaptors1352450052.jpeg

And if I won the lotto tomorrow...

Strife2121346551573.jpeg

One can dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I've never heard of dollfies before. Are they very different to pullips? I'm a bit obsessed with them, but they're so expensive ;_;

nShFDiJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Archeotech

Konata wrote: »
    I love them but I'm not in a financial position at the moment (or any time soon) where I can justify spending that much money on one thing ;___; But one day I hope to own one (or more...!).

I'm absolutely head over heels in love with the Melty Dollfie that was released a few months ago. She's so beautiful...

Yeah they are pretty expensive sadly but maybe not as expensive as many think ^^; I know a lot of people see them for about €1,000+ on ebay but that's just a combination of aftermarket on a limited release and ebay inflation. You can get Volks Dollfie Dream standard release set for about 44,000 yen which with the good exchange rate on the yen is about €342 (still pretty expensive I know)

https://www.volks.co.jp/page_ex.jsp?CONTROLID=SC0040&BUSINESSID=InitDisp&jancd=4518992387109

If lucky enough (especially around Tokyo) second hand standard releases can be found for about €200 but that's quite rare.

I thought they were too expensive too before I started collecting but once I did get one it did feel worth it! ^^ Melty is super cute and I love her default set! I'm not a huge fan of Tony's eyes though but like the wig and outfit, the eyes can be changed for whatever ones you want :D

@Vojera - Pullips share some similarities with Dollfie Dreams in customisation but they're not classed as dollfies or ball jointed dolls due to their body type and proportions. Pullips are more like the Blythe dolls although I think Pullips are much nicer. The Miku Pullip is very cute!
    (Note: I have a Asuka and Rei Pullip I'm selling for €50 each. PM me if interested)

Here's a pic of someones custom Miku Dollfie Dream
    Standard Dollies (SD and DD) are usually around 60cm tall and Mini Dollies (MSD and MDD) are in the 40-45cm range

6314213020_71e3a77fc9_o_zps48296871.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

The prices really don't seem as bad when you put it like that! The Saber Dollfies seem to be crazy expensive on the aftermarket which made me think they were all that expensive.

I'll be living in Tokyo soon and if I came across a bargain like that I'll be sorely tempted!

Depends on which version of Saber really. Saber Lilly and Original are really sought after and hence very expensive (€1,500+), Original Saber Alter can be pricey(€1,000+), but usually it's possible to get Saber Extra or Alter 2nd close enough to the original release price (€700-800).

Azone released a 1/3 scale original Saber doll as well which is cheaper to get but the eyes are painted on Azones and they're not as popular. (still really nice though!)

Best places in Tokyo for second hand dollfie stuff would be Mandarake (Akihabara branch [3rd floor I think], Nakano branch [top floor of main building], and Shibuya branch [it's like an old bomb selter, very cool!]), and Figure R (4th floor?) which is also located in Akihabara. They're also really great places for figures =3

Oh! one thing to note when looking at second hand dollfie dreams. The original DD was (DDI) a ball jointed doll, which means it used a tight string inside the body to hold everything together. They came in an orange box and quite different to the newer DDII and DDIII bodies which have a internal plastic skeleton. If you have any questions or do get one just let me know. =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 nekopanda

i actually own 2 BJDs and 2 mini dollfie dreams at the moment and ive been in the hobby for about 3 years. but if you dont want to pay the full price for a volks dollfie dream you should look at figurefm , ebay , coolcat and sqlabs , DOA (bjd forum and buy and sell sometimes there is dollfie dreams mostly BJDs) or even azone dolls (a small jointed anime style doll)

also sometimes people sell dollfie dreams though flickr

Yay another collector! :) yes there's quite a few places online to get DD's but rarely will you see them cheaper in the after market unless they're a large standard release. Usually cheapest is direct from Volks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nekopanda

Well I have who girls ones a full volks doll and ones a hybrid volks mdd body with a sqlabs head and my full volks cost me 200 cause I bought her body and head separate and the 300 is my hybrid I bought from a lady on figure fm so somtimes you can get lucky :)

Those are very good prices! :) Were they pre-painted or did you paint them yourself? :)

Any chance you got pictures of your girls? :) You can see some of mine on that facebook page. Will probably add some more soon. I haven't got a sq-labs head but thinking of getting one soon for a custom that me and my girlfriend (well mostly my girlfriend) are working on. Does the head fit ok on a volks MDD body?

Here's a pic of Choco, our newest custom head. :)
    DSC_0809b_zpsed04eafd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Gorgeous picture and she is lovely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement