Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blurry Acer Camera

Options
  • 23-06-2013 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭

Bought an Acer Aspire E1-571 laptop today. The specs say crystal eye HD webcam but its far from HD. I can barely make out my own face 2 feet from the camera. Has anyone had any similar problems. Is it a driver or a hardware problem possibly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Bought an Acer Aspire E1-571 laptop today. The specs say crystal eye HD webcam but its far from HD. I can barely make out my own face 2 feet from the camera. Has anyone had any similar problems. Is it a driver or a hardware problem possibly?
    Have you tried taking the packaging film of the lens of the camera yet??

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Overheal wrote: »
    Have you tried taking the packaging film of the lens of the camera yet??

:)

got any useful advice?

got any useful advice?

He's not joking. There is usually a piece of clear film over the lens to stop the plastic from being scratched in transit. If this isn't removed it makes the camera blurry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Karsini wrote: »
    He's not joking. There is usually a piece of clear film over the lens to stop the plastic from being scratched in transit. If this isn't removed it makes the camera blurry.

True story...

Karsini wrote: »

there was plastic around the screen which I removed when I took it out of the box.

• Advertisement

There is generally a tiny bit on the lens itself, hard to spot, drag a finger nail across it to see.

Doom wrote: »
    There is generally a tiny bit on the lens itself, hard to spot, drag a finger nail across it to see.

I'm not a ****ing idiot. There is no plastic on the lens.

I'm not a ****ing idiot. There is no plastic on the lens.

You are for that reply....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Using the baked in camera app in Windows 8?

I'll help you further if you would please apologize for snapping at Doom

Advertisement