Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap-ish Gaming Laptops

Options
  • 23-06-2013 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Guys,

Recently my friend has decided he wants to game on a pc but does not have the space for it. He wants to buy a gaming laptop which he can run games like crysis and bf at decent fps.

Can you give me a hand choosing a a suitable system for him? His Budget is 800 euro.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

You can get small form factor PCs.
    Like this case:
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?adp=0&aid=60296&agid=1200&apop=6

It's dimensions are 25 cm x 35.9 cm x 40.4 cm
    You can probably get even smaller.

It's just that gaming laptops aren't great and are super expensive.
    If he really has to then fine but it'd be worth considering alternatives if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Andyy

Thank you I will take a look and see what he says :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If he has enough space for TV, then he will have enough space for Pc. you can build small scale PCs these days, which wount take much space and use TV as monitor.
    Gaming Laptops are rip off. the only worse value are Allienware laptops...

Thank you. He has decided to go with a small scale pc. Can you recommend websites where he can buy the components at their cheapest? I am going to build it for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Andyy wrote: »
    Thank you. He has decided to go with a small scale pc. Can you recommend websites where he can buy the components at their cheapest? I am going to build it for him.

Most people on here myself included use hardwareversand.de

If you would like us to make up a build from that site just ask.

• Advertisement

Thank you :) I built my own pc in January using Overclockers.co.uk and that was quite expensive. I think I can build one for him for that price range. Thank you all for all your help! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If you want other opinions fill this in:

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

The lads around here are really good.

Advertisement