Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Jamaica Express

Options
  • 23-06-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

N0UEnue.png

Just checking the Dublin Airport arrivals page and seeing this airline coming in at 20:20 today. Interested as I was to see such an exotic name making a landing here, I searched for some background information on this airline but according to its wiki page they already ceased operations in 2005, while they only operated in the Caribbean when they were still active.

Does anyone have more information about this airline and why they are suddenly flying the Palma - Dublin route as a charter (I suppose) today?

Would be interesting for some holidaymakers to fly with them I'd say - what aircraft are they using and where would their crew be from? Questions.. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're not operating the flight. The DAA's system just has them in as the airline who's code is JQ.

JQ is issued for Europe only to AlbaStar who are operating this flight, and JetStar in the rest of the world. It'll be a 737 Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The DAA database is frequently inaccurate in identfying the airline operating a particular flight, or else shows the operator as blank. The latter practice applies to both Travel Service (operating to DUB for years) and Minoan Air, who operate scheduled flights from Oxford.

Advertisement