Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get my credit card loan written off?

Options
  • 23-06-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi mates, I lost my job last year in september 2012, and since I am unemployed but I have support from social welfare, I had a loan of 3000 euros on credit card from mbna, which I am paying off in installments since last 4 years, but I still got to pay around 2600 euros to them, but due to my current tight financial circumstances I am unable to pay them installments where as I have a wife who is also unemployed and lost her job in health sector a month ago, I am so worried and will appreciate your advise about any way to get my loan written off or cut down by some percentage if possible? also let me know if writing off a loan would effect my credit history too? Thanks a lot mates.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

khurshah wrote: »
    Hi mates, I lost my job last year in september 2012, and since I am unemployed but I have support from social welfare, I had a loan of 3000 euros on credit card from mbna, which I am paying off in installments since last 4 years, but I still got to pay around 2600 euros to them, but due to my current tight financial circumstances I am unable to pay them installments where as I have a wife who is also unemployed and lost her job in health sector a month ago, I am so worried and will appreciate your advise about any way to get my loan written off or cut down by some percentage if possible? also let me know if writing off a loan would effect my credit history too? Thanks a lot mates.

The only ways to get a loan written off are paying it back, making a deal with the credit institution by speaking to them and making an offer, or if you are a major politician.

You could ring them up ask for a meeting, explain your circumstances ask for a deal, if the loan was for a car etc offer to return the car, see if a family member can help you out with payments, agree to a reduced payment over a longer term etc.

A writedown may affect your credit history if the credit union is part of the Irish credit bureau.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Stop your whinging and pay your debts out of that you blackguard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭daddyorchips

you took the loan pay it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I know people who went to MABBS about 10 years ago with Credit Card debts and got a big downright provided they agreed to pay off the agreed amount in a lump sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Jeez I hope the op isn't to sensitive !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

How can I get my credit card loan written off?
    MOD CLOSING COMMENT:
    This is not a discussion that pertains to the Irish Economy, and appears to be more a very personal credit card debt issue. You may wish to view the Banking forum under Biz to see if it may be more appropriate towards solving your problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement