Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's his story

Options
  • 22-06-2013 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hey,
    So I'm working in factory in Galway. There is a guy there that us really got my eye. I am not out, but if I like a guy I try get that gay eye contact thing!! So I meet this lad nearly every day and he be with his crew and I with mine, we make eye contact an I really think he feels same but then I could meet him again on his own in corridor and he doesn't make eye contact an looks other way, wtf.... It's recking me head. What ye think, what's his story? By the way, if u read this man give me just a bit more!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Much a do about nothing! If he wanted you he was in in any way interested in you he would make the eye contact with you when he was alone with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Locker10a wrote: »
    Much a do about nothing! If he wanted you he was in in any way interested in you he would make the eye contact with you when he was alone with you!

Or he could be closeted and scared to act.

I don't have any real advice for you though OP. Idont really know how you can pursue this without being willing to accept he may be straight and not interested and might potentially out you if you make a move.

Not that being outed is necessarily a bad thing, but it may be for you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Dane29 wrote: »
    There is a guy there that us really got my eye. I am not out, but if I like a guy I try get that gay eye contact thing!! So I meet this lad nearly every day and he be with his crew and I with mine, we make eye contact an I really think he feels same but then I could meet him again on his own in corridor and he doesn't make eye contact an looks other way, wtf....

He's shy/still hasn't come out.

I read his behaviour as follows:

He can safely make eye contact with you while with a group, and does so because he can't help himself.
    While alone, he's too shy and cannot look you in the eye as he would then have to follow up in some way and probably doesn't know how.
    (Of course I could be way off on this. ;))

My advice, if you're interested in him - next time he's alone just say - hi Bob, how are you today.
    Gauge his reaction from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Dane29

I was thinking (hoping:)) the same Beruthiel. No he's not out. Maybe he is straight but I have a feeling! I don't know him to talk to yet but maybe in time, fingers crossed. Anyway thanks for your comments guys.

Rgds

Advertisement