Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my Girlfriend in the wrong?Or am I being an idiot? Please give me your opinion.

Options
  • 22-06-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

•I broke up with my Girlfriend because she told me a big lie,But now I gave her a second chance,Then her friends stuck their nose in a deleted me on Facebook.My girlfriend knows that they did a wrong thing interving in our relationship and deleting me but she went to her friends saying "James thinks you hate him" instead of saying you did the wrong thing deleting james,

•The main thing here is that she didn't defend her boyfriend like she said she did and makes me sound like a whimp saying that,Or am I being a idiot?
    Please give me your advice-Thank you.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Everyone's an idiot when it comes to Facebook.

Regarding the big lie, not enough info to judge. But if a lie is so big you decide to break up over it then it's probably not worth giving them a second chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Are you really young? This sounds really immature.

How is her friends deleting you on Facebook them "intervening" in your relationship? Who cares what they do?
    Why does she need to defend you to them? And your hurt pride... It all sounds so ridiculous and petty.

I can't comment on the big lie because it could be anything. Just focus on your relationship with your girlfriend and don't worry what her friends do or say.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I never got the whole broadcasting your life in FB. I'm not sure of your age OP but worrying about something as silly as other people unfriending you on FB is a waste of time.

This whole thing should be about 2 things, your relationship with your gf and whether you think you did the right thing giving the relationship a second chance.

Getting distracted and side tracked by your gf's friends childish actions is pointless and a waste of time n energy.

Why let others actions, especially those who have no business sticking their nose in, distract you from the primary concern in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Ya this post does have an immature feel to it doesn't it? But I'm not here to abuse the poster :P

Ignore what her friends do, they have nothing to do with your relationship. I suppose her choice of words to her friends weren't smart, if she is young though I'd probably expect that. But don't go making a big deal out of it, it's not. What she says to her friends isn't really that important in this case. She knows her friends shouldn't have done it, but it doesn't really matter. You shouldn't be letting something her friends do affect you whatsoever. Keep it between you and her, noone else matters.

PS. If you want advice, there's no need to friend request me. I'm going to presume TP was friend requested aswell as your profile is new and he also visited it. Just post and if we feel we can help you we will post a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Her friends probably don't like you.

You broke up with their friend, why would they stay friends with you.

Why do you care about them and Facebook?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Sometimes it's the people being lied to who are at fault rather than the liar so much. If you get OTT about things that shouldn't bother you, people are likely to lie to you about those things. An example is friends who are also exes. People might lie about the fact they are exes, even if the friendship is completely innocent and appropriate, just because they think their OH is likely to take issue with it.

The reason I think this is likely to be the case with you is because, like people have pointed out, it's not a wrong thing to stop being friends with someone on facebook. They weren't interfering in your relationship by doing so. Nobody's obliged to be your friend. If someone complained about it I'd interpret it as them wanting reassurance, after feeling rejected etc. Your gf expressed it in that way to her friends. Now you are upset because you think you sound weak.

If you don't want to appear weak, don't express annoyance about things like that. After a while you won't actually feel annoyed about it anyway. If you do want to express it, just be straightforward and talk about yourself, not about others, and understate it rather than exaggerate it. Whatever you do don't try to overcompensate and make a big fuss about it - like you are doing now.

Kids learn to be adults by pretending to be adults. (Or they just indulge themselves in an infantile manner and avoid adulthood entirely.)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JenEffy

I'm going to assume that you're a teenager given that your girlfriend's friends are overly involved in your relationship. My only advice is to keep friends out of it and decide for yourself if you want to be with her. Friends having too much information is usually a problem in relationships.

Advertisement