Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brand new laptop

Options
  • 22-06-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

Can you imagine how dissapointed you would be if your brand new laptop crashed and went to blue screen the first time you turned it on, after buying it on line, send it back wait 7 weeks for a new one, it arrives and... looks for boot disc, seems no operating system was loaded :( , im f..... raging.
    Bought from komplett who are a bit slow to respond but in fainess replaced the first faulty one rather than offering repair, with a bigger screen size, make is Toshiba, who seem to have supplied 2 faulty computers wtf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

send it back..and say you want your money returned.

This is why I prefer buying from shops. Some online sellers like to pull a fast one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

by any chance is it a windows 7 build you ordered?

most computers come with windows 8 now, but some want windows 7 and there can be a setting in BIOS that needs to be changed in order for it to load it.

man, i can't explain things for sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

No windows 8 which we eventually got to run on the first pc but kept crashing, hated it when we were using it, but replacement pc would not even start up :(

oh, its easy to set up windows 8, if you have the disks.
    no activation on a windows 8 pre installed machine, already stored in the BIOS.
    i assume you do not have a disk, bring it back for a replacement. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Got fected up waiting for use of laptop so friend sorted it ,drive was partitioned, and 8 was on it but not loaded properly, so I think he removed 8 and loaded 7 its running beautifully so far ! Now will take the fight to komplett for a copy of 8 or a refund for the value of windows 8 but they are impossible to contact, promise to ring me after work but never do

• Advertisement

If you can get your hands on a windows 8 disk, it's the same setup as windows 7.

i assume your windows 8 is OEM, so you probably won't get anything back from Komplett to be honest.
    i suppose its worth a try, as i said, windows 8 iss very easy to set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

dharn wrote: »
    Got fected up waiting for use of laptop so friend sorted it ,drive was partitioned, and 8 was on it but not loaded properly, so I think he removed 8 and loaded 7 its running beautifully so far ! Now will take the fight to komplett for a copy of 8 or a refund for the value of windows 8 but they are impossible to contact, promise to ring me after work but never do

mention slam claims court ,!!!1or contact Komplett have there own thread here

Advertisement