Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot UK Deals Ireland

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

That site has been up for a few years now, and its safe to say its pretty much dead now. Hasnt been offers posted for over 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Bargain Alerts murdered it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

And calling it hot-UK-deals probably didn't help

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Wasn't Basq a mod on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

godtabh wrote: »
    Wasn't Basq a mod on there?
    Yep.. but things didn't end too well.

I got a transcript (via an apparent "data leak" on HUKD) of a private Skype chat between a few fellow mods and one of the Admins there slated me and called me a lazy "see-you-next-Tuesday". There's a whole lot of history with the whole thing and being referred to as that was ironic given that I was waiting for basic features to be rolled out on HUKD for 16 - 18 months.

Got an apology from said admin but too little, too late.

I've nothing to do with them anymore.. and while I don't specifically hold a grudge towards them, I'm quietly suspicious about their whole operation.

There was a massive thread on the now defunct DealSelecta on this leak which was pretty damning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement