Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money transfer to new account on PokerStars?

• 22-06-2013 11:10am

I used to have a PokerStars account years and years ago but none of my emails are attached to it now.. I thought I'd be able to reactivate it or something.

So now I want to setup a new account so my brother can transfer money to me so I can play. He's in Australia and I'm in Vietnam. Can I just setup a new account and let him send me the money and then send money back to him if I profit or do I need to attach a credit card to my new account first?

I don't have a credit card that I can use with Poker sites so it's kind of my only option. But it sounds like money laundering so I assume it can't be done.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

You would have better success with reply if you posted here http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/ .......Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I used to have a PokerStars account years and years ago but none of my emails are attached to it now.. I thought I'd be able to reactivate it or something.

So now I want to setup a new account so my brother can transfer money to me so I can play. He's in Australia and I'm in Vietnam. Can I just setup a new account and let him send me the money and then send money back to him if I profit or do I need to attach a credit card to my new account first?

I don't have a credit card that I can use with Poker sites so it's kind of my only option. But it sounds like money laundering so I assume it can't be done.

Thanks.

I really really advise you not to set up a second account. It's prohibited by their terms of service.

Contact PokerStars (support@pokerstars.com) and they'll help you reactivate the old account, change email address, etc.

Once it's re-opened you will be able to accept transfers from your brother, play, and send money back without any issues (and without adding a card).

OK, I contacted PokerStars and they reactivated the account.. I was trying to go for lost password with the correct email but it didn't work until I emailed.

Sounds like it should be fine now if he transfers the money. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Hey may have to play a bit before being allowed to transfer money due to anti money laundering provisions.

He's used this account a lot but is playing live as a full time job now and has no interest in his online balance.. I won't be withdrawing either so hopefully it will look fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement