Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Telescope

Options
  • 22-06-2013 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I am lucky enough to live in the arse end of Mayo and suffice to say that the night skys are spectactular. I want to buy a good GO-TO Scope. Any ideas as to what make and where to get it??

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You need to give more info to get decent advice: what's your budget? How much space do you have for a scope? Are you into astrophography? Do you prefer observing the moon and planets or deep space observing or a mix?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

And you also need to clarify your level of experience; I would certainly advise learning your way around the night sky with a pair of 15 x 70 binoculars before progressing to a telescope.

I've recently acquired the Celestron SE8 from FLO and she's a beauty but maybe something in the 4 to 6 inch range might be more suitable for your first scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I am looking to spend around 3 to 400 euro. I have pretty good knowledge of the Solar System, orbital mechanics etc (all thanks to Many Years using Orbiter) But I would like to start viewing certain cosmic events for real. I would be interested in a scope that would be good for Planetary viewing mostly.
    Hope this is of help.

P

Advertisement