Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescopes/Clubs in Germany

Options
  • 21-06-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

A long shot, but I've just moved to southern Germany and there was absolutely no hope of bringing my reflector with me due to price.

Anyone know of any groups or decent places I can have a hunt around for a decent telescope of Germany?

PS: I'm a beginner

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

I've bought from telescope service a few times.
    They are reliable and based in Germany.

Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Nice one, Michael.

I found this. What do you guys think?

I was fairly hopeless when trying to view anything beyond the moon and easy-to-find stars with my old relfector. Is it just laziness jumping to a computerized telescope or will it be a good start to hopefully building up experience stargazing?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

Four questions,

1) What's your budget
    2) Where will you be living Rural area with dark skies or Urban light polluted skies
    3) have you read this
    4) Will you be living in an apartment or in a house with a garden

If you are going to live in an apartment in an urban area you might be better going for a 6" dob as you'll spend most of your time looking at the Moon and planets which you will be able to find without goto. Just my 2c.

Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Four questions,

1) What's your budget
    2) Where will you be living Rural area with dark skies or Urban light polluted skies
    3) have you read this
    4) Will you be living in an apartment or in a house with a garden

If you are going to live in an apartment in an urban area you might be better going for a 6" dob as you'll spend most of your time looking at the Moon and planets which you will be able to find without goto. Just my 2c.

Michael.

1) Up to €500
    2) The skies around here are decent, it's about 15 mins from the main town but there's little light pollution at night time
    3) Yes! I've printed it out and read it several times over the past 2 years
    4) House with a garden. Plus, there's tons of forest and areas around that are good to go viewing in

Is this telescope not ideal for viewing planets/moons within our solar system? Excuse the silly questions, I have done research on this but I'd hate to fork out a few hundred quid on a telescope that isn't a good start!

Advertisement