Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawaii ~€500 Return from Dublin/London/Manchester in August/September/October

Options
  • 21-06-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

You will have to sift through them a bit, but here are some working dates.

http://www.skyscanner.ie/
    Update2: Airtickets24.com is also selling this flights and they have a flexible +/- 3 Day search. See the new sample dates!

Update: Works also with other airports in Hawaii eg. Lihue-Kauai, HI (LIH) or Maui, HI (OGG). Thanks Sam.

Wow! Thats a amazing deal! United Airlines is offering flights from London, Manchester and Dublin (maybe more) to Honolulu, Kauai Island and Kahulu for only £444 - round trip incl. taxes.

The easiest way to find the cheapest dates is to use Skyscanner.com (link).

I've found several dates in August, September and October. I'll update the article from time to time to serve you with more information. Just wanted to tell you this super deal as fast as I can. It's might be a bit tricky to find this flights.

Sample Dates:

London to Honolulu / Kauai Island / Kahului :

August: 26, 30
    September: 6, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28
    October: 4, 6, 11, 12, 13

Honolulu / Kauai Island / Kahulu to London:

September: 14, 15, 21
    October: 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 27, 31
    November: 1, 2, 3

How to book?

Please visit Airtickets24.com for bookings.

Please check our list of general codes and promotions (link) for a accommodation in Hawaii.

MORE INFO HERE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Allyall wrote: »
    You will have to sift through them a bit, but here are some working dates.

http://www.skyscanner.ie/

MORE INFO HERE

Went there for my honeymoon, amazing place, trip of a lifetime

19 hour flight mind you
    Best to go for 2 weeks and visit 2 islands as well, Maui and Kauai

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Done this last October for the wife's 40th with our 10 yr old with us.
    Would go back in a hearbeat.
    The flights are a killer but tbh its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's the weather like that time of year?
    Where the flights going through?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

LAX I'd imagine, so tight connections are to be avoided.

I got through CBP in 15 minutes last month.

This month it took close to 3hrs. :mad:

pretty much the same all year around currently around 28/29 atm. I've been there in Jan and Oct and both were around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

This looks good.
    Does anyone happen to know any good places to stay? Or where I could look for good deals?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    This looks good.
    Does anyone happen to know any good places to stay? Or where I could look for good deals?

Stayed in the Hilton Hawaiian Village when we were there.
    just to warn you apparently Hawaiian room rates are the highest of all US destinations I cannot for the life of me remember where I read this recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

This looks good.

depends on which island you plan on going to .... the Big Island , Maui, etc etc

on Maui I would recommend staying in Lahaine (there's a place just off the main street), its only €200ish a night (which is a LOT cheaper than most of the hotels, its not a luxury place but then again....if you only want a decent room to stay in and central location...its perfect.)

you could try late rooms.com, hotels.com or similar discount hotels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Jesus, 200 a night is a lot. Especially if I'm planning 2 weeks!! Is that the norm for all of Hawaii?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

There are plenty of B&B houses around the islands. I stayed in those instead of hotels, can't remember the prices but they were not that expensive. Trip to top of Mauna Kea, road to Hana and trekking in Kauai are must dos. Plus kona coffee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi.

We were there in 2009. It's an amazing place.....really beautiful.
    We stayed in a hotel really central.
    It was called the Waikiki Sand Villa.
    I can't remember the cost but I do know it was reasonable. It included breakfast and airport transfers.
    It wasn't the height of luxury but it was really nice. Would definitely recommend it

Jesus, 200 a night is a lot. Especially if I'm planning 2 weeks!! Is that the norm for all of Hawaii?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Tango One

Use hotwire and Priceline to get best room prices and don't forget to give the checkin person 20 dollars and a smile. Usually get a nice bump I went from the base room to their best

Tango One wrote: »
    Use hotwire and Priceline to get best room prices and don't forget to give the checkin person 20 dollars and a smile. Usually get a nice bump I went from the base room to their best

Hotwire & Priceline are great.

Only thing to watch out for is that you've a good chance of being allocated less desirable rooms - beside the lift, overlooking the car park etc.

The way to get around that is simply to specify that's not where you want to be placed. I've never tipped at check-in & it's certainly not standard practise, though I've heard of it happening in Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Tango One

I was surprised it worked in maui. It was worth a shot for 20 dollars. He couldn't look after me the first night so got the standard room which was Ok but got an upgrade the following night with a cracking view. I checked the price of the upgraded room 600 a night. Think I only paid about 150.

I suggest if you in a hurry to book use hotwire if you fancy a gamble wait till about 3 to 4 weeks before the trip and use Priceline.

Certainly seems you were on a winner there Tango. :)

Priceline introduced Express Deals about a year ago - a similar product to Hotwire with no bidding involved, though 'name your own price' still provides the greatest scope for savings - if you have the time to play around with bidding.

Advertisement