Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** TUE JUN 25 19:15 WES1 Boards.ie Drakesville Utd

Options
  • 21-06-2013 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

We need to kick on from that performance last week.

Derek -
    Cathal -
    Ciaran - in
    Collie - in
    Damian - in
    Darren - inj
    Dave - work
    Gar -
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Wes - in
    Derek Mr - in
    Craig - in
    Liam - in
    Paddy - in
    Marsen - inj

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Again another big game tomorrow.

Cyclefactors will most likely pick up a win so we need to make sure we do the same. The monks will have a tough game against Grant thornton and may drop points so its vital that we win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Again another big game tomorrow.

Cyclefactors will most likely pick up a win so we need to make sure we do the same. The monks will have a tough game against Grant thornton and may drop points so its vital that we win.

Good luck tomorrow guys, another win here is vital and I'm sure if we go out an play as we have been the last few weeks we can pick it up.

Had the surgery on Thursday just coming round to myself now, it was a success and doc says as long as it doesn't get infected ill get my sight back in full and should be back in 10 weeks.

So yea good luck tomorrow night ill be able to make it up from next week onwards in a coaching capacity, haha only joking des relax. Gl boys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Good to hear it went well Darren. Good luck with recovery. Whatever happens we'll always need a waterboy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Derek - in
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran - in
    Collie - in
    Damian - in
    Darren - inj
    Dave - work
    Gar -
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Wes - in
    Derek Mr - in
    Craig - in
    Liam - in
    Paddy - in
    Marsen - in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Derek - in
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran - in
    Collie - in
    Damian - in
    Darren - inj
    Dave - work
    Gar -
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Wes - in
    Derek Mr - in
    Craig - in
    Liam - in
    Paddy - in
    Marsen - in

you get me msg earlier for a lift? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Derek - work
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran - in
    Collie - in
    Damian - in
    Darren - inj
    Dave - work
    Gar -
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Wes - in
    Derek Mr - in
    Craig - in
    Liam - in
    Paddy - in
    Marsen - inj

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

An extremely disappointing result.

Went a goal down but scored a pretty much instant reply with a great goal from Ciaran but we were very poor in the first half.

We came out with more appetite for the win in the second half and got the 2nd goal and the less said about my miss the better, we created numerous chances to score a couple more but didnt take it and then they punished us on a quick counter and pretty much scored while the majority of our team were in the opposition half.

We had a lucky escape a couple of minutes later and we cleared it, only to for the third time to result in a corner which was an awful clearance by me which they bundled over the line, but they tool the corner very quickly while we had i think 2 or maybe 3 players back in the box.

I think not having subs didnt help, but we should all be able to play for 60 mins without getting completely wrecked, it cost us 3 points today.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hi lads. Hope you dont mind me posting here on your thread. Play in goals for Drakesville myself and have to confess that we feel very lucky to have escaped with three points. You boys were by far the better footballing team, hampered only by the lack of fresh legs on the side lines. We said it in the post-match chat that we would've been happy to have gotten out of there with a point.

Two lads that impressed/scared me the most were Jules and the blondie haired chap Wes up front. Both technically very good. Anyway, best of luck with the rest of the season boys.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hi lads. Hope you dont mind me posting here on your thread. Play in goals for Drakesville myself and have to confess that we feel very lucky to have escaped with three points. You boys were by far the better footballing team, hampered only by the lack of fresh legs on the side lines. We said it in the post-match chat that we would've been happy to have gotten out of there with a point.

Two lads that impressed/scared me the most were Jules and the blondie haired chap Wes up front. Both technically very good. Anyway, best of luck with the rest of the season boys.

He's grey with old age mate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Political Correctness :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I have no recollection of this game whatsoever. I remember lying on the ground with a sore head but not how i hurt it and nothing after that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Mousewar wrote: »
    I have no recollection of this game whatsoever. I remember lying on the ground with a sore head but not how i hurt it and nothing after that really.

Jaysis, scary stuff that! Hope you're alright, not good when you can't remember things, means it was a proper concussion...had it several times during my boxing days and though you think you're grand it's defo a case of better safe than sorry. If you find yourself in a fowler of a humour over the next day or so, it's a very good indicator that you've got a concussion-related headache and at that point it's Doctor time for sure.

At least it answers my 'what the hell is up with Damo tonight?' question....What? too soon?? :D

Good to see Darren up on the sidelines last night, really could have done with him yesterday but most important thing is that his eye is gonna be ok after the op, nasty one that was.

To further add to our injury list woes, I think for the first time in 6 years I’m gonna have to miss some games due to injury myself too. Been carrying a knock on my left foot since April and it’s not getting better, think there’s a fair chance it’s one of them poxy little breaks deep down inside the foot near the base of the 2nd toe. Have been able to play through it without affecting my game much until now but last night it was very bad and limited me a fair bit, few crosses I’d never fluff that were affected by it. Things are hectic with work so not sure when I’ll get a chance to have it looked at, but it’s possible it’ll need a fair bit of rest and though I’m usually of the grin-and-bear it school of thought, that’s not working on this one unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thanks and well played. Gotta say I thought a draw would've been a fair result, wouldn't underestimate just how much ye played us off the park the first 15mins or so, it's very rare a team gets that much possession against us. Your 6 I think it was in the middle/upfront was a class ball carrier.

We got on top for the middle section and had the chances to kill it off when 2-1 up but didn't and yous were clinical and unfortunately we were sloppy, agree that your bench was used well whereas, unusually for us, we had no bench and concentration dropped just that bit to allow you to be clinical and finish it.

To our lads, Darren's point was right: while we're clear that our emphasis is very much on attack rather than sitting deep, it's not a gung-ho game we're after. We always say leaving 2 on 2 at the back is fine as it means we've lads doing damage up the other end and enough at home to ensure fair individual battles. But getting caught 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 seconds after our own corner is going beyond that remit and not what we're advocating.

That said, we were absolutely at our best when we finally got out of our half by pushing up more and playing it around well, and major kudos to Craig bombing forward on the overlap from left full at every opportunity, really added a dimension to our attack. So we very much need to keep attacking, just remember where the right balance is.

LOL Damo best to get that checked mate you lunatic, your eyes were all over the place after it I'd say if you knew we had a sub you would have came off.

I was the left back nice save on my effort I thought putting it low would have done the job :( , I was expecting Keith to get the rebound.... :p

Decent game last night to be fair but was gutted not to at least get a point. I agree with alot of Jule's points. Your guy up front with the bit of a beard is a super footballer, very good at holding up the ball with great feet, absolute hand full. Good luck with the rest of your season

@damo, get it checked out mate. I was off heading to work until the missus forced me down to A&E and if she didn't the doc said I could have lost the sight in my right eye for good, it's always better to be safe that's what I've taken from my injury. Come off in the future even if we have no subs. I was saying to Des that the knock had effected you.

It was an even enough affair we squandered a good few oops at 2-1 that would have killed it off, but as stated hung-ho is not always the best approach, if one sat from that corner we more than likely have 3 points now.

Great battling to the end but honestly we need better fitness levels , while they did avail of subs everyone should be able to put in a shift for 60 minutes, unless injured, without feeling the effects to much.

Onwards and upwards, results around us were kind enough.

ye in future if we are in the lead we should hang back a bit and not leave the defense as exposed, i didnt have the best of games myself but im only home from a 14 day binge in lanzarote so the sharpness was never gonna be there :P

mrDerek wrote: »
    ye in future if we are in the lead we should hang back a bit and not leave the defense as exposed, i didnt have the best of games myself but im only home from a 14 day binge in lanzarote so the sharpness was never gonna be there :P

Yea you looked heavy alright......:)

Yea you looked heavy alright......:)
    piss off :D

Advertisement