Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and fees

Options
  • 21-06-2013 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know are the registration fees paid if you are getting the BTEA? If not, where do you apply to have them paid? I'v completed the SUSI application, is it automatically included in this? Any help would be appreciated :confused: also, sorry if this has been asked a million times already :o

edit: as far as i know you cant get the maintenance grant if you are getting BETA, but no harm in applying eh :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

If you are getting BTEA you can not get the Maintenance grant.
    You're fees will be broken down as follows:

EU Fees - Will be paid automatically by the gov. if you are a 1st time student (exceptions apply)
    Student Contribution - currently at €2500 - You can apply to SUSI to have this paid (which is what you have done) otherwise you pay it.
    Student Levy - You have to pay this. It can range from €77 to €250 depending on the uni.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

jeddie20 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know are the registration fees paid if you are getting the BTEA? If not, where do you apply to have them paid? I'v completed the SUSI application, is it automatically included in this? Any help would be appreciated :confused: also, sorry if this has been asked a million times already :o

edit: as far as i know you cant get the maintenance grant if you are getting BETA, but no harm in applying eh :P

If you get btea you apply to SUSI to cover fees

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

Does everyone just fill out the same application? I don't remember any part specifying a specific grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

jeddie20 wrote: »
    Does everyone just fill out the same application? I don't remember any part specifying a specific grant?

Yeah, same application. There would have been a question asking if you were getting BTEA, but I think they ask you a second time at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

Cheers for the response guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 allthesmiles

I wonder can someone give me any advice. I got offered a place in College this Sept, I am trying to apply to susi for a grant. I am 30 years old, living at home,unemployed for the past 2 years and did a level 7 diploma in 2001 in Business.

My situation I am being told is that I will be assessed as dependent on my parents? My parents are split up, not officially,my Father lives in the family home with me,and my mother has moved across the border. If I include both there salaries I will be over the threshold, do i just put my fathers as its just him living with me at home? I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me.

She has bills,etc in her name from living in the north

Advertisement