Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to place a bet in store

  • 21-06-2013 4:08pm
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭


    This is a very basic question I know! I have been gambling online but have to do a mystery shopper review of a bookmakers which requires me to place a bet. If someone could run me through it very quickly I'd appreciate it!


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc


    I presume you have been told how much to put down and you'll get that back from the company your doing the mystery shop for. Go in look at the screens and find an even. Write that event down on the slip + the time if it's a race. Then write down the team, person or animal and the price if you want. Then write how much your placing. Give it to the person behind the counter and they'll give it back to you after they're entered the details.
    Grand-National-Each-Way-Betting-Slip.jpg


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89


    Damokc wrote: »
    I presume you have been told how much to put down and you'll get that back from the company your doing the mystery shop for. Go in look at the screens and find an even. Write that event down on the slip + the time if it's a race. Then write down the team, person or animal and the price if you want. Then write how much your placing. Give it to the person behind the counter and they'll give it back to you after they're entered the details.
    Cheers for that. Easy enough, just didn't want to go in looking like a tool! If I win a bet do I have to collect it at the specific store I placed it in or any of the chain of stores?


  • Site Banned Posts: 10 morewrong


    because


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc


    Any of the chains I think should stand over it.


  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts


    In Ladbrokes, Boyles & Paddy Powers, you can collect in any store.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86


    Vuzuggu wrote: »
    This is a very basic question I know! I have been gambling online but have to do a mystery shopper review of a bookmakers which requires me to place a bet. If someone could run me through it very quickly I'd appreciate it!

    Christ a bookie clerk worse nightmare someone who cant write a bet out


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub


    carly_86 wrote: »
    Christ a bookie clerk worse nightmare someone who cant write a bet out

    No need for that, they're doing their research. Bookies can be intimidating places if you're not sure what you're doing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42


    Carly_86, yeah imagine walking into any other shop in the world no knowing how everything works! only previous customers should be allowed in.

    Obviously whenever you go into a shop you know exactly where everything is, how it works and what the best one for your needs is.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89


    Leroy42 wrote: »
    Carly_86, yeah imagine walking into any other shop in the world no knowing how everything works! only previous customers should be allowed in.

    Obviously whenever you go into a shop you know exactly where everything is, how it works and what the best one for your needs is.

    I had to make sure I knew exactly what I was doing as I had a very specific set of things I needed to report on in the store which meant I couldn't ask any questions in the store and had to try act like I was a regular better.

    Anyway did it this morning and it was easy but still happy I asked.


Advertisement