Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old tools?

Options
  • 21-06-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Well,
    does anyone of ye know where would i get a few old/vintage hand tools in any condition. woodwork tools or others.

I looked at ebay and getting it from the uk but it seems like too much hassle and a bit dear paying the posting cost and all the rest. If there was a shop or something where i could just buy it and be done that'd suit me down to the ground.

Thanks
    chippie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

You could try and trawl the bootsales etc but they are a bit hit and miss in this country and oftentimes the fare on offer can be in very poor shape. That said I've picked up some bits this way and I was happy to spend a bit of time on them to bring back to user condition. Some of the second hand tool dealers in the UK will ship to Ireland and I've bought good quality handsaws, small planes etc from them and I've found that the reputable ones sell great stuff in ready to use condition. You'll pay a little more but worth it IMHO for something that's not going to need a lot of time to prepare for use. I dealt with some of the dealers here (can't remember which ones for sure):

http://www.cornishworkshop.co.uk/tooldealers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Mutha

I got a lot of my hand tools off ebay with no drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭azul

I use http://www.parcelmotel.com/ when buying UK stuff on Ebay. The first two deliveries are free then it's €4.00 after that. It's perfect for UK only deliveries. Worth checking out.

+1 for Parcel Motel

Advertisement