Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Screening Costs

Options
  • 21-06-2013 2:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Just booked a screening for myself. Cost is €150 and includes the following...
    • Blood pressure, heart rate, weight, height, body mass index measurement
    • Urinalysis to check kidney function
    • Lung function test particularly for those with asthma, recent shortage of breath or chest infections
    • Heart assessment
    • VDU eye assessments to check near and far vision, visual activity and to check for colour blindness
    • An extensive blood screening which includes an assessment of cholesterol and glucose levels, liver and kidney function, measurement of haemoglobin and iron levels, full blood count and a screen for gout and haemochromatosis
    Tests are done initially with the nurse and then a follow up appointment with the doctor for physical exam/discussion of test results etc.

I just want to make sure this is a fair price, I don't mind paying a little over the odds as this clinic is particularly convenient for me, but if the price is excessive then I may look else where...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

For what it's worth, you can pay €120 for the haemochromatosis test alone in the Mater. It sounds pretty decent to me, to be honest.

Advertisement