Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I wait to months two return home from abroad for oral treatment?

Options
  • 21-06-2013 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am just writing to you out of concern for a predicament facing my oral health.
    Currently, I am an Irish student undergoing an internship in Beijing, China until August 18th.
    This monday, I chipped a very tiny section of my front tooth. It is hardly noticeable, but I would like to treat it. The only issue is whether or not to trust having dental service in Beijing(alot of Chinese dental practioners have unhygeinic buildings, and communication barriers etc.)
    Would I be able to wait two months and get the chip treated then, or would that be detrimental to my oral health? Would the tooth get worse in the long run. I could either risk getting a badly done treatment over here and paying the price in the long run, or facing an enamel decay until I return home. Otherwise, my teeth are in a healthy state.

If you can give me any direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

you are unlikely to come to any harm from a tiny enamel chip, especially if it is not causing discomfort. Waiting 2 months to see your regular dentist sounds like a safe enough option.

Advertisement