Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Nexus 4 Android 4.2 Smartphone 16GB

Options
  • 20-06-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Now on iBood - €300 + shipping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭emo72

The add has it marked at 499. Was it ever that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I see it at € 299,95.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

emo72 wrote: »

Fairly sure it wasnt, its main selling point is it undercuts the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy.

Excellent phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

emo72 wrote: »

Google subsidise it on its Play store (roughly €330). Third party sellers charge more.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Are you likely to get caught with a customs clearance charge with this?

I ordered a power washer with iBood before and didn't get any surprise charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

The lips wrote: »
    Are you likely to get caught with a customs clearance charge with this?

I ordered a power washer with iBood before and didn't get any surprise charges.
    No.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I got one about two weeks ago through flubit/parcel motel. Cheaper on ibood and probably less hassle (I've never had problems with them others have). Excellent phone

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

They're shipped from within the EU so you should be grand.

Works out about €10 cheaper if you order from Ibood UK and use Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

sooo tempted, take this foul thread and begone before it costs me 300 yoyos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Works out about €10 cheaper if you order from Ibood UK and use Parcel Motel.
    Probably the effect of the slight VAT difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,463 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

That's a fantastic price, I have to say.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Very tempted to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Has this got a glass back that is easy to crack? Although I would probably get a cover anyway its a bummer if the phone cracks. How long more are Google going to support this phone for updates etc

Really tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Has this got a glass back that is easy to crack? Although I would probably get a cover anyway its a bummer if the phone cracks. How long more are Google going to support this phone for updates etc

Really tempted

It does have a glass back that is stunning but as you say easy to crack if you drop it on anything, a replacement back can be got for around €90 I think it is.

It's a Nexus so will get Android updates quickly for as long as the phone can support them.

This is a great price, mine cost me €330 through Google Play+Flubit+Parcel Motel 2 weeks ago and I would highly reccomend the phone.

FYI, I believe the RRP through LG is €499 but it subsidised heavily on Google Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

tui0hcg wrote: »

Really tempted

Yes, glass back, get cover for it. Great yoke altogether have it about 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Why buy this when you could get a secondhand iphone4 for the same or less money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

nightster1 wrote: »
    Why buy this when you could get a secondhand iphone4 for the same or less money?

You are comparing apples with oranges.
    You would need to have your head examined to even think an iphone 4 (and a second hand one) is comparable to the Nexus 4.

I've an iphone 5 and the Nexus 4; Nexus 4 is far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

nightster1 wrote: »

:confused:

Because the iPhone 4 you speak of is
    a) second hand
    b) Crap :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

A used phone has a lot of potential problems and no warranty. An iphone 4 has a much lower spec than this phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I would probably pay the extra €35 to get it from expansys http://www.expansys.ie/lg-google-galaxy-nexus-4-uk-8gb-black-239045/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

no he is comparing apples with second hand oranges

I would probably pay the extra €35 to get it from expansys http://www.expansys.ie/lg-google-galaxy-nexus-4-uk-8gb-black-239045/

That is the 8gb version. You can get that cheaper direct from Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭statto25

That's an 8GB though?...Why Expansys over iBood?

no he is comparing apples with second hand oranges

You mean second hand apples with oranges. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

You would need to have your head examined to even think an iphone 4 (and a second hand one) is comparable to the Nexus 4.

I've an iphone 5 and the Nexus 4; Nexus 4 is far superior.

I wouldn't say there's much between them. Still prefer the iphone myself, but it's a great phone and great value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

L'prof wrote: »
    I wouldn't say there's much between them. Still prefer the iphone myself, but it's a great phone and great value too.

The iPhone 5 and the Nexus 4 are both great devices and really up to user preference but the iPhone 4 is far inferior in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

draffodx wrote: »
    The iPhone 5 and the Nexus 4 are both great devices and really up to user preference but the iPhone 4 is far inferior in comparison.

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Pay more for a phone with less memory, I don't get it:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

I know this thread is about the LG and the keen price of it, and not about LG v iphone, but in a few months time the LG will be forgotten and worth little money.

The iPhone on the other hand is much more popular and will hold its value way better.

Advertisement