Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby on Northside Dublin?

Options
  • 20-06-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Believe it or not ( :P ), I'm a complete tag rugby beginner. I was looking to play a bit before the J4 season starts, but it's probably far too late to join a team now. Anyone know if there's any leagues that may be starting late on the north side? Was gonna look for a team in Clontarf but they're all full.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

I don't know anything about tag rugby , but last week I was watch my son doing a training session in Gaelic football on Alfie Byrne pitches in Clontarf , and on the other pitches there were lots of tag matches taking place . Might be worth your while heading down there .......

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

If you're on facebook, there's a group, Tag Rugby Subs List Dublin.
    There are players on there who play in Clontarf and Coolmine. Look out for people asking for cover, or post and say that you're looking to join a team full time. Once you get out and play a few games, and get to know a few people, you'll find a team/location/time that suits you. Plenty of venues will run tag leagues through the summer until September/October, or even later.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Zuffer wrote: »
    If you're on facebook, there's a group, Tag Rugby Subs List Dublin.
    There are players on there who play in Clontarf and Coolmine. Look out for people asking for cover, or post and say that you're looking to join a team full time. Once you get out and play a few games, and get to know a few people, you'll find a team/location/time that suits you. Plenty of venues will run tag leagues through the summer until September/October, or even later.

Perfect, thanks Zuffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sarah.ck

There's also a list of teams looking for players on the ITRA website. They set up teams that individuals can pay to join and they're all over Dublin. Once you pay your money that's it, your a member!

Here's the link,

http://www.tagrugby.ie/Find-A-Team.aspx

Advertisement