Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing doctor on medical card

Options
  • 20-06-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I've moved from Dublin to west Meath and need to change my doctor how do I go about it ?? I am a medical card holder

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you move house
    You can use your medical card for up to 3 months if you are living temporarily outside your Local Health Office area. In this case, you can attend any GP in the area participating in the medical card scheme. If you are going to be away longer than 3 months, you should apply to the Local Health Office of that area, for a medical card. If you move to a different part of your own Local Health Office area, you can apply to change your doctor.

From here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/entitlement_to_health_services/medical_card.html

Advertisement