Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manufacturer Refurbished ASUS Pad Nexus 7/Tegra 3/16GB HDD - €162 [Asus Outlet]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

EDIT - Offer is for free screen protectors it seems but is very badly displayed/worded.

On the page for each product there's special deals listed underneath - The Transformer is buy one get one free which makes it pretty amazing if you have someone to split it with (or need two for some reason just for yourself) and the Nexus 7 is buy 2 for £150.99.

I thought so too but it's just for a screen protector. Badly worded website!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Sweet mother of god that is MEAN! Thankfully I didn't have enough money to buy. Thanks for pointing out my mistake, I'll edit my post now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah, i noticed the similar offer under the Nexus.
    Buy 1 get another discounted
    P_50.jpg
    £159.00 £139.00

P1_50.jpg
    £14.99 £11.99

Price for all:
    £173.99 £150.99

But it's just the case.
    I looked at the Transformer. It looks like two tablets..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Word of warning on the nexus 7. I bought mine at launch and use it only now and again but noticed it was having problems with lagging, being unresponsive and randomly shutting down. It seems to be quite common too. http://androidandme.com/2013/06/opinions/one-year-later-the-nexus-7-has-gone-from-the-best-to-worst-tablet-ive-ever-owned/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Jet Black wrote: »
    Word of warning on the nexus 7. I bought mine at launch and use it only now and again but noticed it was having problems with lagging, being unresponsive and randomly shutting down. It seems to be quite common too. http://androidandme.com/2013/06/opinions/one-year-later-the-nexus-7-has-gone-from-the-best-to-worst-tablet-ive-ever-owned/

One of the main reasons for performance slow down seems to be a lack of space on the storage.

Clear out some of the things you don't need. As a rule of thumb I tend to leave at least 10% of the space available on mine. I only ever experienced issues when I used most of the storage space. Got rid of some older items and it went back to normal. A nuisance that you lose that much space but it does keep things working well.

So far its the best of any of the tablets I've owned to date.

I noticed somewhere that a newer version of the nexus is due out over next few months which should have a better processor again. Engadget I think was where I saw it.

machalla wrote: »
    One of the main reasons for performance slow down seems to be a lack of space on the storage.

Clear out some of the things you don't need. As a rule of thumb I tend to leave at least 10% of the space available on mine. I only ever experienced issues when I used most of the storage space. Got rid of some older items and it went back to normal. A nuisance that you lose that much space but it does keep things working well.

So far its the best of any of the tablets I've owned to date.

I noticed somewhere that a newer version of the nexus is due out over next few months which should have a better processor again. Engadget I think was where I saw it.

I managed to pick up a 64 gig Blackberry Playbook for €149 online at curry's. For me anyway I found it fantastic although not at all like Android. There is a simple way to sideload android apps though. Its very well built and great spec. Here it is a bit dearer now but you could shop around. I don't think there is a cheaper better spec'd tablet anywhere (but thats just my opinion). http://www.amazon.co.uk/BlackBerry-PlayBook-Tablet-camera-Bluetooth/dp/B004UL34GW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_computers_1 I use it almost daily and its not given any bother at all.

Advertisement