Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CoderDojo - Programmers Required - Dublin

• 20-06-2013 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Guys

I'm looking to setup a coder dojo starting in Septmber this year in the Dublin 6 area.

I have the space and facilities sorted but need to get a couple of programmers willing to give up 2 hours a week to teach 7-12 year olds some basic web programming or how to create mobile apps.

Probably lookign at languages such as HTML, Java, Scratch, Raspberry Pi...but i'm open to discussion on whats best.

So if anyone out there knows a bit of programming and fancies sharing the knowledge, please get in contact!

Cheers
    Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

On getting in strangers who will be teaching kids...

Speak to some other coder dojo branches first on how they do this and you will need to see how they do it.

Garda clearance for people working/volunteering with kids is needed by some dojos, others work on the basis that the parent is always on site with the child.

Good luck with it... nice to see more new dojos opening.

Advertisement