Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Tag

Options
  • 20-06-2013 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone can clarify a couple of points, as I can't seem to find the answers on the website...

1. A physical tag is not required? Just register your car reg with the company and this goes into whatever system the clampers use?

2. You park for X number of minutes, when this is about to expire you get a text reminder so you can top up your time if required? If you don't need to top up your time you simply ignore this and your parking expires?

3. Your account balance automatically tops up after going below a certain threshold? So When I register I'm charged €20. When this goes below €10 I'm charged another €20 which is added to my account?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

1. A physical tag is not required? Just register your car reg with the company and this goes into whatever system the clampers use?
    I'm not sure if it is that simple, I think you need a tag or a bar code sticker from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Victor wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it is that simple, I think you need a tag or a bar code sticker from them.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of it on their site...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭markpb

1. The tag isn't required anymore. The vehicle must be registered on your account and, if you have more than one, make sure you park the right one.

2. Yup, don't do anything if you don't want to park again.

3. Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BassmanJ

Just downloaded the app, and there's no way to log in (only to sign up, which I already did on the website). Does the app know my phone number (easy for it to do, but does it?) and therefore I'm automatically logged in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭markpb

BassmanJ wrote: »
    Just downloaded the app, and there's no way to log in (only to sign up, which I already did on the website). Does the app know my phone number (easy for it to do, but does it?) and therefore I'm automatically logged in?

If you have an account already, just enter your phone number and the sms verification code that is sent to you and you'll be logged in and able to park.

If you want to manage your account, you need to log in using your email address and password. You can do that by clicking on the person icon on the parking screen.

• Advertisement

Thanks, seems to work differently now. Only option is sign up after I enter my number. Maybe when I try to park for the first time it will ask for SMS verification. Appreciate the speedy reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

BassmanJ wrote: »

You can login on the app, just tap the person icon in the upper-right and enter your userid and password. Now check the settings in the 'Account Maintenance' section (credit card, vehicles etc.) and make sure they're all correct.

The Dublin City blue zone is 60c an hour and operates 24 hours so I suggest that you pay for 10 minutes parking as a dummy run and see how you get on. At the bottom of the map on the startup screen there is a link for 'Zone Map View', tap that, select Dublin City, then Blue and then hit the big 'Park Here' button. Now leave the slider at 10 minutes (which costs 10c) and press the 'Park Now' button. If the data isn't properly set up, it should tell you so - hopefully!

When you use the app, it's the vehicle registration number that's important, not the number of the phone you're using. You need the app setup to tell the system which vehicle you're paying for but it should pick up your details when you login.

It was my fault; I had my phone number entered wrong in the account, which prevented the app from working properly. Correcting it through the desktop site fixed the issue.

Advertisement