Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lg-50PN650T Network Features

Options
  • 20-06-2013 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I must ask as I have checked the manual and explored the TV and can't make sense of it.

I have recently bought a lg-50PN650T tv from LG that has a network feature on it, that I have set up on my TV but I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT DOES. I thought it might allow me to connect to NAS and watch my files but I have no idea how to do anything with it after setting it up. I have NAS setup on my network, is it possible for this tv to access it?

Thanks in advance, I'm pretty stuck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunGoose

Hey,

Just wondering if you have figured this out yet?

I just got an LG-42LN540-V and have connected my TV to my router through the LAN port on the LG. My laptop can see the LG, the LG can see the router and the Network feature is enabled and working, but what can I do?

I thought I might be able to access shared media on my laptop via the router but I don't know how to even try this??

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheGreatHuman

Hi Fungoose, no I didn't figure it out but I did come up with a good workaround. If you buy yourself NAS that also has a USB port you can connect that to the TV via USB and to the network via LAN or wireless. The upside is the data transfer is wired and therefore far quicker and more reliable. Also, you don't need to have your laptop turned on. Just download whatever movie or program you are watching to your laptop then transfer it wirelessly over the network to your NAS (Network Attatched Storage) and you're good to go.

Hope that helps.

Evan

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunGoose

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the reply, and the info which is helpful.

I might just connect my external HD to the LG via USB and see if that works, although it's kind of a waste of the network feature -even though I'm not entirely sure what exactly it is for. There doesn't seem to be any info on it in the user guide or online, apart from how to set it up, which I've successfully done. It's strange that there is a LAN port/Network feature on the TV and no info about it!

Thanks again,

FunGoose

Advertisement