Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke 18 cans for €5 Supervalu today

Options
  • 20-06-2013 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Special offer in Supervalu today only, 18 x 330ml cans Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero for €5, limited to 2 of each per customer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is it no strings attached? previous times my local one had applied a condition of having to spend €20 to get offers like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

No strings attached - I bought 2 trays for €10, this morning nothing else. It is fairly flying out door - at 9.00am, about 15-20 people buying coke and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    No strings attached - I bought 2 trays for €10, this morning nothing else. It is fairly flying out door - at 9.00am, about 15-20 people buying coke and nothing else.

Is it really that much of a bargain? I'm not complaining about you pointing it out by the way, but 6 litres of coke for a fiver doesn't seem like the kind of deal that would have hordes of people out early to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Special offer in Supervalu today only, 18 x 330ml cans Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero for €5, limited to 2 of each per customer.

Limit of 1 per customer it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Is it really that much of a bargain? I'm not complaining about you pointing it out by the way, but 6 litres of coke for a fiver doesn't seem like the kind of deal that would have hordes of people out early to buy it.

Well 1 euro minimum a can in your local store suggests to me that 18 cans for a fiver is indeed a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Is this on diet coke / coke zero as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Cheapest diabetes around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Good for polishing the toilet bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Cheapest diabetes around.

The high horse brigade are slow today. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Our local Centra has had that deal (well, €5.49) for ages.

Musgraves, n'all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Soarer wrote: »
    The high horse brigade are slow today. :rolleyes:
    giraffe brigade are on the ball though:rolleyes:

At 27.7777c per can or 84c per litre it is "cheap" for a heavily marketed brandleading cola.

As for bargain, well if you have a hankering for the cool clean refreshingly chemical taste of high fructose corn syrup in water (about 25 teaspoons of sugar per litre:eek:) and "X" then go for it.

Future stats will be required to show if the health giving effects once touted for this are any more statistically significant than a cut price box of ciggies acquired on More St:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

wil wrote: »
    giraffe brigade are on the ball though:rolleyes:

At 27.7777c per can or 84c per litre it is "cheap" for a heavily marketed brandleading cola.

As for bargain, well if you have a hankering for the cool clean refreshingly chemical taste of high fructose corn syrup in water (about 25 teaspoons of sugar per litre:eek:) and "X" then go for it.

Future stats will be required to show if the health giving effects once touted for this are any more statistically significant than a cut price box of ciggies acquired on More St:confused:

Coke zero is sugar free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Yeah but who wants to drink piss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Lamposts wrote: »
    Yeah but who wants to drink piss?

Bear Grylls wants a word with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Danger781 wrote: »
    Is this on diet coke / coke zero as well?
    Yup, got a slab of diet and a slab of zero earlier this morning

andy125 wrote: »
    Coke zero is sugar free
    :D:pac::D:pac::D

Stick with the sugar version, it's safer.

But if you have a hankering for the cool clean chemical taste of Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium or if it is not banned in your locality, Sodium cyclamate, then go for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

12 pk in Tesco for €3.75 till sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭bladespin

I'm sure Coke's been around long enough for everyone on the planet to know it's not a health drink but thanks for the info, it sure made my decision a lot easier lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

the one near coolock only had packs of 12 and only diet coke was left
    not that good an offer, 3.50 a pack of 8 coke zero usually in tesco anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Davy wrote: »
    12 pk in Tesco for €3.75 till sunday

Indeed, or 24 cans for €7.50 and no rushing to Supervalu !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

But if you have a hankering for the cool clean chemical taste of Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium or if it is not banned in your locality, Sodium cyclamate, then go for it.

What about this?

We're all adults here, and we all know the ins and outs of drinking coke. There is a current offer running that allows people to buy coke cheaper than normal, and people are interested in said offer.

So why don't you leave this thread (after all you've contributed nothing of note to it) and let us/them people discuss this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Soarer wrote: »
    What about this?

We're all adults here, and we all know the ins and outs of drinking coke. There is a current offer running that allows people to buy coke cheaper than normal, and people are interested in said offer.

So why don't you leave this thread (after all you've contributed nothing of note to it) and let us/them people discuss this offer?

All true of course, but it is also true bulk buying crap is the ultimate false economy. But go for it by all means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Do you work for pepsi or something! You seem to have a vendetta against coke. EVERYONE KNOWS COKE IS BAD FOR YOU....its just so good tho!! 18 cans for a fiver is a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Some lads here would be great crack at parties, they'd drive ya to drink (Coke Zero).....

jonny666 wrote: »
    . EVERYONE KNOWS COKE IS BAD FOR YOU....
    OOOH, you cant say that, where's the proof?
    I've no connection to any soft drinks producer, Republican or Democrat
    Soarer wrote:
    .We're all adults here, and we all know the ins and outs of drinking coke. There is a current offer running that allows people to buy coke cheaper than normal, and people are interested in said offer.

So why don't you leave this thread (after all you've contributed nothing of note to it) and let us/them people discuss this offer?...

A little underappreciative after all the calculations I did for you:(
    wil wrote:
    At 27.7777c per can or 84c per litre it is "cheap"

And I added more info on the ingredients to make your choice between regular and zero a little more informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

If the doctor did not already tell me to stop drinking that crap, I would have straight down to Tesco to get another dose of kidney stones.
    But it tastes sooo good.

Advertisement