Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

5 mins before bed

Options
  • 20-06-2013 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Been off the smokes for 16 days now, still hard during the day but coping- I'm using niquitin minis which a great but am trying to cut down, my biggest problem right now is just before bed, any ideas on what to - tried reading, lightlig candles but can't sleep till I get my fix- not ready for no nicotine all day yet

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dontbemean

Well done Sarwal, 16 days is a huge achievement!

My advice is to keep on with the mints if you feel you're going crazy without a hit. Although your commitment to getting off all nicotine replacements so quickly is commendable, please remember that the important part is that you're not smoking. 16 days is still difficult territory (tho I'm sure you've noticed that it is getting easier) - try just taking the mints before sleep for another week, perhaps then take half a mint the next week, then down to nothing. It might even take longer than that. Don't overstretch yourself! Now that you're not smoking at bedtime, your brain is now getting used to the new 'normal'. In a few weeks it will be totally normal for you not to be smoking at bedtime.

I totally relate tho, my main craving is right after my evening meal. I try not to dally at the dinner table any more - I get up, have a shower, do some hoovering - anything that busies me and disturbs that old routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sarwal

Am still on the mints, am on the 1.5mg ones now - found I'm back on 5 a day now but know its less in nicotine - find it hard again but know ill get used to it, hope to be off the mints by September ..... Thanks dontbemean for your support, think at this stage it'll take a lot for me to go back smoking, so have to prove a point . When I get down to 4 will try cut down (1/2 mint) at night .... As for after dinner, I'm out the door for a walk - rain or shine- think I've lost weight :-)

Advertisement