Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEIS CEOIL 2014 PIANO

Options
  • 19-06-2013 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I am 19 and would like to enter the feis ceoil for 2014. I have been playing since I was eight and have completed all grades up to 8 and senior cert with RIAM over two years ago. Has anyone performed solo classical piano here and what is the standard of performance expected?

I can play loads of chopin nocturnes, waltzes and mazurkas some beethoven sonatas most recently beethoven sonata no.6 op10 no.2 in f major and haydn sonata no60 in C Major. Would my standard be high enough for the feis ceoil?

And anyone who has performed please tell me your experiences!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

I did Feis piano competitions when I was in college but never really enjoyed the experience much (apart from the sightreading competition, but that was only because I always won it). Your Beethoven or Haydn sonatas would be fine for a competition like the Nordell Cup. Bear in mind that there are conservatory-trained prodigies entering these competitions, so polished performances from memory would be the normal standard.

Advertisement