Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I get Dole in Summer?

Options
  • 19-06-2013 10:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

Will I get Dole in Summer?
    Hi guys new to boards and wondering if you could help me. I've been offered a new job in a very good workplace but will only be 9 months a year with June, July and August off and is a daily rate so I won't get paid for those months. It is the same for everyone with this company. Would I be entitled to the dole during these three months in the summer next year? Any help would be appreciated. I will be starting last week of August.

Its kind off a dream job for me but I was just wondering will I get it as the wages are much more than my previous job for 9 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭LJ82

Congrats! I don't know for definite but I would have thought you'd be entitled to Jobseekers benefit during the summer months, it isn't means tested and you receive it when you're not working provided you have enough prsi contributions, is €188 and you get more if you have any dependants, congrats again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 VivaMessi

Thanks for the reply. Would be a tight 3 months without something coming in!

Advertisement