Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First overclock attempt advice

Options
  • 19-06-2013 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
    ASRock Z77 Pro4, Sockel 1155, ATX
    BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W
    GPU HD7870

I was going to buy a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO,Will I need to upgrade my PSU?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No it's more than enough.

Maybe a couple of extra case fans. How many are on it atm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

BloodBath wrote: »
    No it's more than enough.

Maybe a couple of extra case fans. How many are on it atm?

Just the one that came with it,any suggestions on case fans please?

thanks for the info

It depends where you are buying from. I'd buy at least 2 more anyway. If you are buying more than 2 make you may need a splitter cable. Also check what fan headers are on your mainboard. I think they are all 3 pin headers on those boards as I have one myself. I'm pretty sure there's at least 4 of them anyway.

Arctic F12's are a decent cheap option. They are loud at full speed but it can be adjusted in the BIOS or in windows bios software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

It depends where you are buying from. I'd buy at least 2 more anyway. If you are buying more than 2 make you may need a splitter cable. Also check what fan headers are on your mainboard. I think they are all 3 pin headers on those boards as I have one myself. I'm pretty sure there's at least 4 of them anyway.

Arctic F12's are a decent cheap option. They are loud at full speed but it can be adjusted in the BIOS or in windows bios software.

Nice one BB I will check them out,thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit.. I'm buying 4 extra fans for my case, what is this splitter cable you speak of? :confused:

• Advertisement

It depends on what connections are on your board. Assuming it has at least 1 x 3 pin fan header then this is the cable to go for. (also assuming the fans are 3 pin) It come's in a few colors. This would still allow control of the fans through the BIOS.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BitFenix-60cm-3-Pin-3x-Adapter/dp/B004J3MHDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372272996&sr=8-1&keywords=bitfenix+3+pin+fan+splitter

Advertisement