Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual health, genital warts. What next

Options
  • 19-06-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Dont know if this is the right forum for this question, if not please move mods.

I have a friend(serious) that has contracted genital warts and wont go to an STI clinic to get them removed and was wanting to know can a doctor get rid of them. The reason why he wont go to the clinic is that his wife works in the hospital and doesnt want her to see him sitting in the waiting area of said clinic.

Ive been telling him thats the least of his worries because when his wife finds out that hes contracted these and potentially gave her them, he'll be getting his marching orders.

He's been telling me that hes only slept with his wife twice and it was months apart and doesnt see any signs and wont be sleeping with her again untill he gets this sorted and wants to know can the doctor treat him instead.

Mod note:
    Serious discussion here, if there are any unhelpful posts action will be taken by the Mods of the forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

His wife seems like a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

PaurGasm wrote: »
    His wife seems like a tool

Cut out the unhelpful posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ardeehey

surely there is more than one clinic in the city to which he can attend? Or go the day that his wife isn't working?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brandom

If if puts his mind at ease, most GPs can easily treat this, but there is also the question of what if anything else he might have picked up so a full screen would definitely be in order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

GP won't treat this, St James GUM clinic only, don't even know if theres a private clinic, sorry.

Disguise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

GP won't treat this, St James GUM clinic only, don't even know if theres a private clinic, sorry.

Disguise?

Perhaps somewhere outside of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Disguise?

GP most certainly will treat this. It's a very straightforward problem in most cases, and can be effectively dealt with by use of a prescribed topical treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BerryBlue

There are a load of places around Dublin that are 'private' practices & will do tests & treatments for a fee (or anywhere in Ireland) - UNBELIEVABLE that this guy wants to keep it from his wife - this is where the utmost respect for someone comes in!!

Obviously not a great marriage if he only expects to sleep with her in a couple of months & hopes to be sorted by then! Very strange.

My auntie ( serious!) caught herpes off her husband (lying cheater) - and now every relationship she ventures into, has to have the lovely conversation - well, eh, I've got herpes - It’s not cool to knowingly know you have something and infect someone - especially someone you 'love/care' about..... really - tell your friend to cop on!

Here I am, on my high horse judging - no-one knows the specific circumstances do they? But there are a hundred places he can be treated - James's is free - the Matter hospital is free - then there are places that charge anywhere from 100-200 euro for test & consultations. Hope this helps & was not too judgmental!

Advertisement