Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a new laptop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

waxer1986 wrote: »

First off you should let us know what your main use of the laptop will be and what's your budget.
    The first link just took me to an ebay sign in screen.
    The second link goes to a list of Dells ranging in price from €379 to €3,399

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

mordeith wrote: »
    First off you should let us know what your main use of the laptop will be and what's your budget.
    The first link just took me to an ebay sign in screen.
    The second link goes to a list of Dells ranging in price from €379 to €3,399

well me budget is 4 to 6 hundred euro..i would play games
    on it but i wouldent really need a laptop ffor that..
    mainly just want a good ram and hard drive..
    this is the details for the 1 on ebay
    the price is about £500 including p&p

Item specifics

Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
    Type: Laptop Hard Drive Capacity: 1TB Serial ATA (5400RPM) Brand: Dell Operating System: Windows 8 Product Line: Inspiron Operating System Edition: Home Premium 64bit Memory: 4GB (1X4096) 1600MHZ DDR3 Graphics Processing Type: Dedicated Graphics Manufacturer warranty: 1 year Model: 17R Inspiron Processor Type: 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i3-3110M processor MPN: 5720-9181 Processor Speed: 2.4GHz Dedicated Graphics: 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 630M

biko wrote: »

thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

so what will you be doing? surfing the net? word?

I'd say you could buy new for a bit less than your budget say 300-400 euro .. and the laptop should do all you need.

i mighy play anno 2070 wat laptop would i need to play that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

well Minimum System Requirements for anno 2070
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800++
    Memory: 2 Gb
    Hard Drive: 5 Gb free
    Video Memory: 512 Mb
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS / ATI Radeon HD 6350
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    Network: Broadband Internet Connection for Online Multiplayer
    DirectX: 9.0c

__it seems like for that game you are better off with a dedicated graphics card.
    Though if you don't mind lowering game graphics/specs/settings. It'll work on min fine.

I think your choice from dell is fine. Though I don't think the nvidia 630 GPU is all that much better from intels integrated graphics in the I3. I could be wrong on that though. Maybe someone else will say.

Inspiron 17R Special Edition

any beals for daels
    ore any other latops the same
    thank in advance

well Minimum System Requirements for anno 2070
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800++
    Memory: 2 Gb
    Hard Drive: 5 Gb free
    Video Memory: 512 Mb
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS / ATI Radeon HD 6350
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    Network: Broadband Internet Connection for Online Multiplayer
    DirectX: 9.0c

__it seems like for that game you are better off with a dedicated graphics card.
    Though if you don't mind lowering game graphics/specs/settings. It'll work on min fine.

I think your choice from dell is fine. Though I don't think the nvidia 630 GPU is all that much better from intels integrated graphics in the I3. I could be wrong on that though. Maybe someone else will say.

is this laptop good and worth the price 500£

the price is about £500 including p&p

Item specifics

Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
    Type: Laptop Hard Drive Capacity: 1TB Serial ATA (5400RPM) Brand: Dell Operating System: Windows 8 Product Line: Inspiron Operating System Edition: Home Premium 64bit Memory: 4GB (1X4096) 1600MHZ DDR3 Graphics Processing Type: Dedicated Graphics Manufacturer warranty: 1 year Model: 17R Inspiron Processor Type: 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i3-3110M processor MPN: 5720-9181 Processor Speed: 2.4GHz Dedicated Graphics: 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 630M

• Advertisement
Advertisement