Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 to Windows 7

Options
  • 19-06-2013 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Ok so I accidentally bought windows 8 over windows 7 on hardwareversand and I have emailed them numerous times over the past 3 days asking them to change that and I have the feeling that they are ignoring me

The Windows 7 costs the same as the default windows 8 and windows 7 is in stock so I don't understand why they won't modify my order for me? Does anyone know a way to contact them really quickly besides their expensive international hotline and their not responding emails? My order departs tomorrow and I don't want to be late in case I can't trade my windows 8 for windows 7 once it has dispatched.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

What's the issue with W8? It's a better os than 7.

If you don't like the new ui you can restore it to operate the same as 7 or previous versions using "classic shell".

Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This isnt the place for a 7 v 8 debate, but I'd disagree that 8 is out and out better.

How so? It has features, good ones, that 7 doesn't have any any of the negatives that you may have can be fixed with classic shell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭MyNameIsBoxxy

I hate 8's metro look and its file and picture system that takes up the whole screen. I can't drag files to other screens because it will be on full screen, the mesh texture system on it is much more complex because you can only move angles at 30*, 45*, 90* and 180* and the performance for gaming is no better so I much prefer Windows 7.

Like I said Classic Shell can remove metro and restore explorer. You can make W8 run exactly like 7 or previous versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I hate 8's metro look and its file and picture system that takes up the whole screen. I can't drag files to other screens because it will be on full screen, the mesh texture system on it is much more complex because you can only move angles at 30*, 45*, 90* and 180* and the performance for gaming is no better so I much prefer Windows 7.

Just don't use metro.

Use the desktop. It hasn't gone anywhere.

The desktop won't help the files much and the texturing at all :P
    I don't understand why they keep ignoring my emails..I'm asking them for a simple modification which they allow..
    It departs tomorrow too. If you want to trade Windows 8 for Windows 7, comment below me and we'll do it, if not, thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

The desktop won't help the files much and the texturing at all :P
    I don't understand why they keep ignoring my emails..I'm asking them for a simple modification which they allow..
    It departs tomorrow too. If you want to trade Windows 8 for Windows 7, comment below me and we'll do it, if not, thanks anyway

use start8/something similar and ring HWVS they dont usually answer english emails

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

NTMK wrote: »
    use start8/something similar and ring HWVS they dont usually answer english emails

They do answer they can just be extremely slow, calling would be the best bet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I use start8 with windows 8 and its the best of both worlds, the speed improvements of windows 8 and all the nifty little features added in explorer etc and not having to use that silly pile of bleep tiles stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

deceit wrote: »
    I use start8 with windows 8 and its the best of both worlds, the speed improvements of windows 8 and all the nifty little features added in explorer etc and not having to use that silly pile of bleep tiles stuff :)

I have the same. Once you get rid of all the Metro crap you're left with a supercharged Win 7 .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I have the same. Once you get rid of all the Metro crap you're left with a supercharged Win 7 .

Or if you just choose to not use it very much.

I spend the entire time in the desktop.

The "problem" with he metro ui is just a total red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Gbear wrote: »
    Or if you just choose to not use it very much.

I spend the entire time in the desktop.

The "problem" with he metro ui is just a total red herring.
    Yea and with start8 it never has to appear on your computer and with windows 8.1 release which you can update too you also get the features from that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

BloodBath wrote: »
    How so? It has features, good ones, that 7 doesn't have any any of the negatives that you may have can be fixed with classic shell.

I take it back, the problems with the preview copy I played with were solved for the release.

Go for 8 + Start8, jobs oxo.

I sent them 10 emails in a week and then they never replied so I spammed 45 emails and they replied lol

They should answer immediately to someone spending 1056 on their website anyway. Well it's changed now but the last out of stock items are still out of stock -.- they were supposed to be in the 15th, 19th, then the 20th and now the 24th

Advertisement