Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Wireless Internet Provider in Sligo

Options
  • 19-06-2013 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Who is the best company to get wireless broadband from in Sligo where no phone line is required and how much does it cost.

I am with Fastcom and theyr OK but wonder is there any other options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭pauldry

6781 wrote: »

Do you not need a phone line for that we have none

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

You can get a dongle from Imagine.ie for broadband usage. Not great though. Used to work for fastcom, so I have little I can say about that :P On saying that, would you not go with UPC. I know it's available around Sligo town.

pauldry wrote: »
    Do you not need a phone line for that we have none
    No it's like Fastcom with a small box outside your house but I think it's only available in and around Sligo town. I find it better then fastcom. I asked about Broadband in county Sligo recently in the broadband forum here as I'm moving house and can't get Imagine WiMAX in my new place and was told to look in getting Westnet but I know nothing about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I left Fastcom 3 years ago and went with Three under the NBS. But I got sick of Three and their deteriorating service bs. I'm now back with Fastcom and getting an average of 9.8Mbps download speed out here in the sticks. So I'm a happy camper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

6781 wrote: »
    No it's like Fastcom with a small box outside your house but I think it's only available in and around Sligo town. I find it better then fastcom. I asked about Broadband in county Sligo recently in the broadband forum here as I'm moving house and can't get Imagine WiMAX in my new place and was told to look in getting Westnet but I know nothing about them.
    Westnet is only available in Mayo.
    Imagine's tech. support if you are having ongoing problems is generally regarded as the worst possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭pauldry

So does UPC seem the best option for Sligo town or do you have to have UPC TV channel we only have SKY TV

Our Fastcom is very on off but the tech support are very helpful
    Not going with Westnet

Any other options out there or is internet coverage in Ireland still 20 years behind the rest of the world (was there internet then?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭shanec1928

pauldry wrote: »
    So does UPC seem the best option for Sligo town or do you have to have UPC TV channel we only have SKY TV

Our Fastcom is very on off but the tech support are very helpful
    Not going with Westnet

Any other options out there or is internet coverage in Ireland still 20 years behind the rest of the world (was there internet then?)
    nope you can get bb on its own or package it with phone and tv. check their website for prices.

red sean wrote: »
    Westnet is only available in Mayo.
    Imagine's tech. support if you are having ongoing problems is generally regarded as the worst possible.
    Going by their coverage map it covers parts of Sligo

http://www.westnet.ie/coverage/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Their main signal is concentrated on the Mayo area, their licensed franchise area. There is posibly a certain amount of weaker signal available around the perimeter of that area. Similar to local radio stations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement