Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closure (business)

Options
  • 19-06-2013 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,
    i have a few questions regarding to a business closure.
    As far as i know i need to fill in two forms RBN3 and TCRN1,
    but i have a few problems with the 2nd one (TCRN1).

Reference number = my PPS??

Tax Type & Tax Registration Numbers to be cancelled = thats the place i have most problems,
    i never applied for a VAT number only for a Income Tax but i have no clue what number to type in there.

And that should be it, the company is a Partnership, it actually never went "live", we never traded, had no income, no outcome,
    no employees nothing. N
    ame and tax was registered and left on it's own.

Additionally i have recieved a 11S form today from revenue, same thing i have no idea how to fill it in.
    Do i need to include
    my income from my work (FT job) in this form - or just put "0" everywhere and on the payslip section?

Please help.
    Kindest regards,
    Arthur

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ArthurM

can someone please answer? :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

If you registered the business as a partnership with the revenue then the partnership will have a separate tax number that you will have to cancel.

You will also need to cancel your own registration to income tax.

Contact the revenue re Form 11s as the business never commenced, you are not subject to self assessment, you have no self assessed income.

Hope this helps

dbran

dbran wrote: »

If you registered the business as a partnership with the revenue then the partnership will have a separate tax number that you will have to cancel.

You will also need to cancel your own registration to income tax.

so i need to send two TCRN forms?
    One for my PPS number and one for my business partner?

No. Not exactly.

One for yourself.

Secondly, a partnership usually has its own registration which is distinct from the members of the partnership. It should file a Form 1 (partnership) return every year with the revenue. So if you registered the partnership with revenue then they will have given you a separate tax number for that partnership and this needs to be shut down also. If you did not register the partnership with the revenue then obviously there is nothing to be done here.

Your business partners tax affairs are his own responsibility but presumably he will also want to deregister as self employed.

Regards

dbran

dbran wrote: »
    No. Not exactly.

One for yourself.

Secondly, a partnership usually has its own registration which is distinct from the members of the partnership. It should file a Form 1 (partnership) return every year with the revenue. So if you registered the partnership with revenue then they will have given you a separate tax number for that partnership and this needs to be shut down also. If you did not register the partnership with the revenue then obviously there is nothing to be done here.

Your business partners tax affairs are his own responsibility but presumably he will also want to deregister as self employed.

Regards

dbran

Oh ok that's great one more question if i can... in TCRN form i need to choose an 'income tax' field but there is also a place nxt to that to write a number.. do i need to fill it in with smth? I assume it's not my PPS?

• Advertisement

Whichever tax number you are cancelling.

Advertisement