Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re payment. H

Options
  • 19-06-2013 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a mature student on BTEA and for the past two years my partner was working full time so come summer I was moved onto a means tested rate which was a lot less than the full rate.

Unfortunately this year my partner was made redundant and is now claiming her stamps "job seekers benefit" I think it's called. As I'm waiting to get my job seekers allowance for the summer sorted out, I'm wondering will I be entitled to the full rate of payment as I've been recieving on BTEA ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

If your partner is on full €188 Jobseekers Benefit then the most you could be entitled to while on JSA during the summer between BTEA payments would be €124.80 but your savings etc., if over €20,000 will also be taken into account for your means test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Balagan wrote: »
    If your partner is on full €188 Jobseekers Benefit then the most you could be entitled to while on JSA during the summer between BTEA payments would be €124.80 but your savings etc., if over €20,000 will also be taken into account for your means test.

Thanks. If heard if the max family rate but wasn't sure if it applied when one was claiming their stamps. As for savings I don't have anything to worry bout there. After 3 years in college they're well and truly gone.

Advertisement